PDA

View Full Version : Music 123

gnelson651
Mar-20-2007, 10:08am
At the ongoing thread Fullerton Mandolins (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=13;t=37864;st=0) tther has been some discussion about Music 123 has been taken over by Guitar Center/Musicians Firend.

During the transition, Music 123 is closing out their Fullerton line of acousitic/electric instruments.

Those of use who have taken the plunge and bought a Fullerton have been happy with the quality and sound of the these inexpensive instruments.

I made the suggestion that we launch a letter writing campaign to Musicians Friend to either keep the Fullerton line or use the Fullerton shop to build the MF Rogue line which is lacking the quality and value of the Fullertons.

The following is my submission:

#
"It is my understanding that your parent company, Guitar Center, Inc has bought out troubled Music 123.

I believe that the Music 123 house brand of acoustic/electric instruments, Fullerton, is being liquidated for this reason. However, the general buzz within the acoustic/electric community is that Fullerton is an exceptional brand for the price.

I own the Fullerton Gloucester mandolin and the sound and quality is superb. Contrast this to your house brand Rogue and the Rogue doesn't come close to the Fullerton. Rogue is not known for its quality or sound and at the very least, is known as a cheap mediocre brand within the acoustic/electric community.

It is my suggestion that you consider either to continue to carry the Fullerton line of instruments or use the Fullterton shop to manufacture your Rogue line."

Please join us in attempting to keep the Fullerton line alive as an available low-end alternative.

Yeti
Mar-20-2007, 3:31pm
I have 4 Fullerton's ( Fullerton Hammonton Deluxe F Style Mandolin, Winslow Resonator Guitar, Cumberland 12 string, and the Montclaire solid spruce and solid rosewood dreadnought)and love them all. Good luck with the letter writing campaign. I am just afraid it will fall on def ears but it is worth a shot. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mboucher
Mar-21-2007, 6:13am
If the CEO of Guitar Center reads this. WE WANT OUR FULLERTONS! Music123 has a winner here.

These Fullerton mandos have been the find of the year. Great price and great value! Far more superior than the MF house brand. Only one thing would be better is to offer them in your GC stores.

These mandos are too fine of a product, at the low end, to discard. Perhaps they will come under the Rogue name but either way these are fine mandolins for the price.

Mark

Rick Cadger
Mar-21-2007, 8:31am
i testify to the astonishing value of the Fullerton Gloucester mandolin. a no-frills, matt finish, all-solid spruce and maple mando with good tone and fit. small cosmetic issues such as roughly finished f holes don't detract from fantastic playability and sound.

frets are accurate, level and very well finished. bridge is great - doesn't need to adjust high at all, so no leaning. even the tailpiece, despite being a cheap one has the extra hooks for the A and E courses, and a bit of felt for damping.

attention to detail is suprisingly good.

these instruments would be a great choice for a house brand. i think the advice given to MF by posters here is very sound.

Dan McIntyre
Mar-21-2007, 3:21pm
I am in complete agreement with the other members who have posted here about the quality of the Fullerton instruments. I purchased the Hammonton and Gloucester mandolins and found them to be terricic instruments for the price. The Gloucester beat any other pac-rim that I have ever played or owned and comes very close in tone quality to the Weber "Big Sky" that I owned a afew months back. I also read some great reviews about the Fullerton line of acoustic and acoustic/electric guitars (6 and 12 string) and afte reading the great reviews and seeing the pictures, I ordered one of the Parkdale A/E guitars from Woodwind and Basswind and it is on it's way. If the people who are in charge of marketing at MF/GC happen to see any of these posts, please do the sensible thing and keep these Fullerton products or keep a line of instruments that are manufactured at the plant in China that are producing these great instruments. Thanks, Dan

RizinRico
Mar-30-2007, 2:25pm
+1
I am really enjoying my Hammonton. cant wait to upgrade the tailpiece with an orrico brass and get it properly set up and intonated.