PDA

View Full Version : new Elixir strangs

mandojosh
Feb-01-2004, 2:39am
Any body like the new Elixer NANOWEB mandolin strings?? They are amazing! The Polywebs were just a dissaster, but these really have something, anyone give them ago? I would sooo recomend trying them. They are sweet!

Josh

LilCreekster
Feb-01-2004, 12:05pm
Haven't tried em yet... the Polywebs did nuthin for me, tone wise. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

How do they compare to some of the other strings you've played, Josh? Like tone wise? Playability? Longevity?

Ted Eschliman
Feb-01-2004, 12:22pm
Josh, we're all going to have to be a little patient in getting these. As a longtime and successful retailer of the other Elixir (guitar, bass, etc.), I'm having difficulty obtaining the new "Nando" strings for my customers through my usual distributors.
Michael Lillie (Gore) said they would be available after NAMM, but I'm guessing it could be closer to Spring.
The acoustic guitar sets were a little slow to take off a couple years ago, especially the Poly-web, but currently since the introduction of the Nano-web, they are one of our consistent best-sellers.

Crowder
Feb-01-2004, 12:57pm
I got some this week from JustStrings.com but I haven't loaded them up yet. The coated J74's I put on a few weeks ago are still sounding pretty strong so it may be a few weeks before I change them.

SteveW
Feb-01-2004, 1:03pm
This week I got a Sullivan bridge from FQMS and a set of Nanowebs from Just Strings. I took them and my MK Firefly to a local luthier yesterday for setup and installation. I shold have my instrument back in a few days and I'll file a report then.

mandojosh
Feb-01-2004, 1:41pm
Ted,
Have you tried going straight thru Elixir? Like customer service? I indorse them and when I call, they ask me if I want polys or nanos, I would call customer service.

Kevin K
Feb-02-2004, 11:23pm
I received a couple of sets from Just Strings last week and really like them. If they would have a 16 A instead of 15 the medium set would be great. I would have to say they play great, sound great and hopefully last a good while. I've been using nothing but Nano's for guitar for sometime now.

ira
Feb-03-2004, 12:47am
got mine from strings and beyond (by the way- really nice people, great shipping deal, quick delivery, and decent pricing-1st time using, but not the last). i really love em. great tone, volume is quite respectable, and those coated g and d strings make life so much nicer on my

ira
Feb-03-2004, 12:48am
woops- on my fingers. not, however, for those seeking that bright phosphor bronze sound. these are kind of rich, very balanced strings.love em for that bluesfolk/rock groove