PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie mccoury

Willie Poole
Mar-10-2007, 11:59pm
I saw a clip of Del and the boys on TV of their latest gospel album and the instrument that Ronnie was playing looked pretty big and I was wondering if anyone knew if he was playing a mandola on this cut? It didn`t seem to have the color of his Loar either....I forget the song they were playing, I know that would help some....Willie http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Scotti Adams
Mar-11-2007, 8:06am
..its probably his Gilchrist 'dola

allenhopkins
Mar-11-2007, 11:00am
When I saw the band last year Ronnie played mandola on one extended "jam" song. Didn't know it was a Gilchrist.

tattiemando
Mar-11-2007, 12:30pm
Ronnie played the Gilchrist dola on the track My love will not change on the It's just the night album a few years back I think.

GTG
Mar-12-2007, 12:32am
I caught the DMC band in Calgary on their recent tour of western Canada (early December, I think?). Ronnie played the 'lin all throughout the evening, and then pulled out the 'dola for My Love Will Not Change as an encore. He gets such a nice sound out of that thing that it's a bit of a pity he doesn't play it more. I recall the same deal two years ago when the played a Portland, OR festival - all mandolin but for that one tune.

Willie Poole
Mar-13-2007, 10:35pm
That is the same song but Del said it was their latest album but it might have been a repeat show ...Thanks for your comments....Willie

John Gardinsky
Mar-14-2007, 9:22pm
I saw them a few years ago and Ronnie pulled out the Gil Mandola. Del said with a big grin, "Ronnie got his mandolin wet and it swelled up". Funny one that Del.

Mar-14-2007, 11:23pm
ronnie turns 40 sometime this week, big partay in nashville i hear.

Rick Schmidlin
Mar-15-2007, 1:10am
I caught the DMC band in Calgary on their recent tour of western Canada (early December, I think?). Ronnie played the 'lin all throughout the evening, and then pulled out the 'dola for My Love Will Not Change as an encore.
He had it with him when he played Vancouver on the same tour and played "My Love Will Not Change" as the encore also. By the way I love Del and the boys,kinda like the song but hated the video of it. I could have done a better job in my sleep, it was a reel hack job.