PDA

View Full Version : Grisman and Bush - Hold On, We're Strummin'

sandcastlefaith
May-08-2004, 2:38pm
I was just wondering if anyone else is working on learning songs from Grisman and Bush's Cd, Hold On, We're Strummin'. I especially like "Sea Breeze." That is the one I'm currently working on. Anyone else?

peterbc
May-09-2004, 2:57am
I learned Hartfords Real. It's a really neat tune, but I think it REALLY needs to have backup or it sounds a bit empty since there can be a lot of empty space in it. I havn't tried anything else yet.

sandcastlefaith
May-09-2004, 10:21am
Yeah, that's a good tune, have you tabbed it out, and care to share it with us?

250sc
May-10-2004, 5:52am
Tabledit files for Hartfords reel is available at co-mando.com.

I also play Intimo from this cd.

What I like most about the music on this cd is how simple and relaxed the playing sounds. There are some examples of real fast playing but I fould the majority of it is playable by mortals.

peterbc
May-10-2004, 9:16pm
I hadn't tabbed it out, I guess I don't need to now!

Peter

Tbone
May-19-2010, 4:09pm
Does anyone know the chords to the bridge on Sea Breeze?

The A part sounds, to me:
AM7 Bm7 C#m7 DM7 C#m7/Bm7

It sounds like it goes to an Em7 on the bridge, but I can't quite get it......

TIA

JimRichter
May-19-2010, 8:36pm
I tabbed Crusher and Hoss awhile back when someone here on the Cafe asked for it. Trying to combine two mandolin parts, but it's usable.

http://www.jimrichter.com/?p=192

SternART
May-19-2010, 9:07pm
I play Dan'l Boone...... We learned it at the Mandolin Symposium a few years back, if you elected to be in Grisman's performance group.

Tbone
May-20-2010, 2:36pm
Think I got it...

Em7/DM7/Dm7/C#M7

Sounds like there's something between the DM7 and the Dm7, but I can't quite get it...

Jacob Hagerty
May-28-2010, 8:38pm
I play Dan'l Boone...... We learned it at the Mandolin Symposium a few years back, if you elected to be in Grisman's performance group.

i was there and remember that tune we also learned hartfords reel

RustyMadd
May-25-2013, 12:15am
Think I got it...

Em7/DM7/Dm7/C#M7

Sounds like there's something between the DM7 and the Dm7, but I can't quite get it...

That's close! Try

CMaj7(4) Em7(3) Ebm7(1) Dm7(4) C#Maj7(4) repeat and hook to rejoin verses at Amaj7.

(Numbers in parenths are quarter note beats.)

Better late than never. Try it.

RustyMadd
May-25-2013, 2:39pm
I know it's late, but the way back to Amaj7 from the last C#Maj7 of the bridge is by a Bmin7,E7 . And that's all there is to that.

Amaj7 Bmin7 C#min7 Dmaj7 (repeat ad lib)
Cmaj7 Emin7 Ebmin7 Dmin7 C#maj7 (repeat once)
Bmin7 E7 (start over)

Please correct me if I made any mistakes, I want to learn more betterer than I is now.

Steve-in-PA
Jul-15-2013, 7:47pm
I know it's late, but the way back to Amaj7 from the last C#Maj7 of the bridge is by a Bmin7,E7 . And that's all there is to that.

Amaj7 Bmin7 C#min7 Dmaj7 (repeat ad lib)
Cmaj7 Emin7 Ebmin7 Dmin7 C#maj7 (repeat once)
Bmin7 E7 (start over)

Please correct me if I made any mistakes, I want to learn more betterer than I is now.

Hello all,

I've been listening to this CD lately and playing along with this and other tracks. My ears still struggle to figure out chord changes. Are the above chords correct and how many times for each line. Any advice would be much appreciated!! Also, what key/scales would you most likely solo with?? Thanks!!

Steve-in-PA
Jul-27-2013, 5:16am
Does anyone know the chords to the bridge on Sea Breeze?

The A part sounds, to me:
AM7 Bm7 C#m7 DM7 C#m7/Bm7

This sounds correct to me also. What about the bridge or the B part? Also, if you were to solo over this, what key is it in and would there be a good scale/scales to play out of? Thanks

Mark Robertson-Tessi
Jul-29-2013, 8:11am
Rusty Madd had the bridge right:
Cmaj7 | Em7 . Em7 Ebm7 | Dm7 | Dbmaj7
Cmaj7 | Em7 . Em7 Ebm7 | Dm7 | Dbmaj7 Bm7 E7

The A part is all playable out of A major. B part might start with Em scale for the first two bars, Dm scale over the Dm, and Ab major scale over the Db chord. There are lots of other options of course.

Cheers
MRT

Tonyfinn
Jan-15-2016, 7:35am
I'm a bit late to the party here, but I just started playing the mando! Has anyone tabbed out Hold on I'm Comin from this album?

Thanks in advance!

9lbShellhamer
Jan-15-2016, 9:34am
Thanks for resurrecting this thread! I just found this album.

Mark Gunter
Jan-15-2016, 12:09pm
I just got this album as well. A post above references tabs for Hartford's Reel at co-mando.com - seems that site is defunct now. I have found a tab at http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/session-mandolin-tab/hartfords_real.htm

Haven't tried it yet.