PDA

View Full Version : Baby got back

bradeinhorn
Feb-14-2007, 1:31pm
Here's the back of my new (used) mandolin currently on it's way from Santa Cruz: Sorry about the glare and blank posts.

Jonathan Peck
Feb-14-2007, 2:22pm
So...is your MAS cured?

BTW - I'm not headed down tonight to the jam, forgot it's valentines day

-jonathan

bradeinhorn
Feb-14-2007, 2:45pm
same here...it's no prob. don't have a lot of pickin time this week anyway...as for the mas cure-we'll see when it gets here. hopefully for the baggot next week. here's a full body shot:

bradeinhorn
Feb-14-2007, 3:41pm
and the head closeup:

Lane Pryce
Feb-14-2007, 4:01pm
Sweet little Sulli. Where did you run up on that one? Don't see many of those around. Lp

bradeinhorn
Feb-14-2007, 5:03pm
I know -it was in the classifieds for all of about 10 minutes.

Treblemaker
Feb-14-2007, 6:18pm
The guy who sold this - Jason Lampel (It might have been Jeremy - I'm a bit fuzzy but both of them are amazing pickers) is a Kick ### mandolin player from a great but short lived band called Strung Over.

Anything this guy played or owned is bound to be great. And this one looks terrific!

Treblemaker
SF, CA
http://www.WorldWideTed.com

bradeinhorn
Feb-14-2007, 9:16pm
a super nice guy as well. he's been a pleasure to deal with.

mandolooter
Feb-14-2007, 10:32pm
Strung Over...great band...seem em a few times...Sullivans are great mando's

surfnut
Feb-15-2007, 1:19am
It belonged to Jeremy, his brother Jason plays banjo, he's a nice guy I don't hold it against him. Both brothers played in
Strungover, it was a hot band, it still may be. The last time
I heard them play was a couple months after Katrina, for a benefit. The mando is a bit of a monster, Jeremy is real particular about the sound. Makes me wonder what he's going to end up with. Well, you got yourself a nice one, enjoy.

bradeinhorn
Feb-15-2007, 8:44am
good to hear. i could tell even over the phone. plus the other sullivans i'd played were great. and the the price was right, especially considering he paid to ship it. as for jeremy, i think it was a matter of the neck shape. not really the sound. anyway, can't wait to get my hands on it. it is due to arrive right after i hand in a project next week so it will be a nice prize.

bradeinhorn
Feb-20-2007, 5:20pm
One more day to wait......the last day sucks....thank god it is mardi gras and i can go get drunk.

bradeinhorn
Mar-11-2007, 10:30pm
Here's a little video clip: Sullivan A-5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCS-hV4X01w)

bradeinhorn
Mar-11-2007, 10:31pm
sorry-it will be ready tomorrow.

Jim Garber
Mar-11-2007, 10:39pm
Hey Brad:
Great to finally meet you in NYC this evening. And thanks for letting me try your Sullivan --it is a sweet one!

Jim

bradeinhorn
Mar-12-2007, 8:22am
Hey Jim! You too. That was a really great night. I think we really did lou right - the clip of the sullivan is up now - here it is: SULLIVAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCS-hV4X01w)

Lane Pryce
Mar-12-2007, 8:40am
Real sweet Sulli ---- nice tone. Lp