PDA

View Full Version : K&k bigshot

Trey Young
Feb-06-2007, 5:34pm
Hey if anyone else is using one of these pickups, where did you mount the transducer head? I have an Eastman 505 and just bought the K&K. I used it last Sat. with the head wedged under the bridge with a thin pick (not much time for setting it up that night). It sounded pretty good, especially for a $28 p/up, once I ran it through my Baggs ParaDI...anyway, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks

John Flynn
Feb-06-2007, 6:37pm
I would like to piggy-back on this and ask does anyone have experience with placement on the K&K twin and/or triple spots? I was thinking of buying one or the other soon. I would be reluctant to wedge it under the bridge feet, though. I would be afraid it would effect the acoustic sound.

Richard Russell
Feb-06-2007, 6:54pm
I have a Big Shot and I did exactly the same as you described. K&K recommends that setup. It worked fine for me on a Michael Kelly that I owned. Very balanced sound, quite clear. It has a typical piezo sound, it picks up everything, including pick noise. Not bad for under $30.

Trey Young
Feb-06-2007, 7:08pm
mando johnny, not under the feet, wedged in between the feet. There is just enough room there for the transducer and about a .78mm pick to fit under the bridge...or at least on my eastman.

John Flynn
Feb-06-2007, 7:13pm
OK, that makes sense. My question still stands, though, since the two instruments I want to use it on both have single foot bridges. I am wondering if I could wedge it between the saddle and the base, or would it be better to just use the double stick tape and mount on the top?