PDA

View Full Version : San fransisco festival of mandolins

valle
Jan-29-2007, 1:42am
Hello out there. I have missed this festval 3 times because I was not able to get a time off request in soon enough. Does anyone out there know if and when it may be held this year, 2007. Once again this is the most messed up time of year for my job and if I do not give enough advance notice to work, I will not get the time off again. Please Help.

TTFN,
Valle
PS I am just scatter shooting this Message across several topics in hopes of a responce. Sorry if I am not on topic.
I am just so tired of missing the one local Fest.

Jim Roberts
Jan-29-2007, 9:55am
I have heard it's April 22nd of this year but that's all I have heard thus far. #Not sure if it'll be at the same location as in years' past. #Try www.slavonicweb.org and hopefully they'll be updating their site soon with more info.

bjh
Feb-01-2007, 12:31am
Just got a postcard today advertising the 8th San Francisco Tam Fest - Celebration of Tamburitza music February 17th and 18th. The back says the Festival of the Mandolins is April 22nd. The address is 60 Onondaga Avenue at the Croatian American Cultural Center. www.croatianamerican.org

Very interesting festival with Italian mandolin orchestras. They've had Evan Marshall, Jody Stecher, John Reischman and Rich Del Grosso presenting workshops in the past.

Better to go to Loarfest in Bakersfield tomorrow!