PDA

View Full Version : Terry makes a nice 'roo strap

Coy Wylie
May-03-2004, 10:56pm
I ordered a custom colored Kangaroo leather braided strap from Terry in the classifieds (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=9456&query=retrieval). I love it. Terry was great to work with and I highly recommend him.

futrconslr
May-04-2004, 7:12am
How does it attach to the end pin? Do you have an F or an A? How did you measure it?

Coy Wylie
May-04-2004, 2:02pm
Mine was for an "F." I think you can order for either style. He makes and nice loop for the scroll and a wide piece of leather with a whole in it that fits snuggly over the end pin. Terry asked me to take the measurement for my playing style and then braided the strap to my specs.

dryseptember
May-05-2004, 9:30am
I just emailed terry with the same question. do you measure includeing the scroll or up to the scroll? Im so confused.

MEP
May-05-2004, 1:32pm
I bought one of Terry's straps and I am quite pleased with it. Nice quality four strand strap. I may even get him to make another for me with six strands.

How I measured was, I held the mandolin where I like it and my wife to a tape and measured from the top of the scroll, over my shoulder and around my body to the end pin of the mandolin. This is the measurement that I gave Terry. Fits perfectly.:D

Coy Wylie
May-05-2004, 2:09pm
I measured using my old strap from the top of the scroll to the end pin. Fits great. I think it could be adjusted by drilling a second hole on the endpin flap.

GBG
May-05-2004, 2:59pm
Is the strap comfortable? Does it dig into your shoulder?

Coy Wylie
May-05-2004, 4:13pm
It's small but very soft. I haven't had any discomfort with it yet.

GBG
May-06-2004, 7:21am
Willard, thanks for the information. I'm ordering 2 straps today.

Brian Ray
May-13-2004, 7:44pm
Got my strap today. Fantastic!

I measured my old strap from the top of the scroll to the endpin hole and it came to 36 1/2 inches. I play with the strap over one shoulder and like the mando to be at the height where my forearm is basically parallel to the strings. Terry's strap came with three endpin holes cut in it. The middle one was at the perfect height which is exactly what I want.

The strap slips off my shoulder more than my 3/4 inch leather strap did but it just feels better. I love it and will be getting another soon...

Coy Wylie
May-13-2004, 8:12pm
I'm glad you guys are happy with the recommendation. Thanks again Terry. I stood up with mine for a 2 hour session last night and never had a problem.

frets1
May-15-2004, 2:58pm
Terry makes a SUPER STRAP!! It's a very well made - good looking strap. They are soft also. His prices are great too.

29 bucks - what a deal!

Lifes short - PICK HARD!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif