PDA

View Full Version : Chord help

levin4now
Dec-22-2006, 6:12pm
I’m trying to figure chords out on Blue Highway’s “I used to love parades.” Best I can figure out it’s in the key of E. I can’t seem to fit it all together. I suppose the C#m is a chord in there, but I can’t place it. Perhaps and F#m.

Can you help me with it? Maybe in a different key if you like or in Nashville numbering I, IV, V whatever.

E A
Another birthday came and went
B A E
Guess I missed the card you never sent

I can’t blame you though it’s true
It’s not like I was there for you

I used to love to watch the trees
Leaves in motion through a gentle breeze
Now I watch them falling down
And the wind’s a mournful sound

I guess life ain’t all that bad
Still got memories in spades
I wish they didn’t make me sad
You know I used to love parades

levin4now
Dec-22-2006, 6:48pm
The chords didn't come out quite the way I though they would - the A, and the A&E should both be shifted further down the line.

mandopete
Dec-23-2006, 5:13pm
There's definately a ii-V-I progression on the line "..it's not like I was there for you". #So in the ley of E that would equate to an F#m to B.

The other tricky part is a descending bass line on that walks down before the line "...now I watch them falling down". #The bass notes are E - D# - C# - B - A and the chords above are E - B - C#m - B #- A. #The tricky thing is that you have a V chord with a 3rd in the bass.

That's great song by the way.

Hope that helps, that'll be a nickel!

# #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

levin4now
Dec-25-2006, 6:26pm
I'm not with an instrument to try it right now, but thanks mandopete. you deserve a nickel - guys like you areN'T a dime a dozen!