PDA

View Full Version : Early xmas gift.  a baby girl

G. Fisher
Dec-20-2006, 1:04am
I am the proud father of my first child. Sadie Alexis Fisher 7lbs 3oz 20.5 inches. Born 12:40 am Tuesday morning and 4 weeks earlier than the projected due date. She is doing great and should be coming home Friday. I tried to get my wife to agree to the name Amanda Lynn Fisher but she wasn't going for it. Sadie has nice long fingers that could be great for playing the mando. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Sadie & Monica

Michael Lewis
Dec-20-2006, 1:29am
Congratulations Greg. You now have the most important job in the world, to raise the children, for they are the future.

bush-man
Dec-20-2006, 1:59am
Congratulations! All best wishes!

bluesmandolinman
Dec-20-2006, 3:28am
all the best !

Dagger Gordon
Dec-20-2006, 3:53am
All the best indeed!

We had a Christmas Day baby, 17 years ago. He came 3 weeks early and gave us an extra Christmas present. We always have a 'half' birthday party on June 25th - otherwise it would be hopeless.

psann
Dec-20-2006, 7:33am
Congratulations. The best present ever.

Kevin K
Dec-20-2006, 7:50am
Congratulations on your pretty little girl. Merry Christmas.

Mark Walker
Dec-20-2006, 8:16am
Congratulations on being blessed with a daughter!! # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

My first-born (now 22) - also a daughter, and also with long, slender fingers (they were longer than mine when she was 10-years old) - never picked up a stringed instrument until her final year at college when she took a guitar class (just this fall) for her minor in music. (She graduates in April from Western Michigan University.) #She took piano for a couple years when she was 10-12 or so, but with 3 guitars, a banjo, and 2 mandolins around the house, she never took that plunge! #(Her music minor is vocal performance - the girl can SING!)

So I hope Sadie Alexis picks up the mandolin and becomes as wonderful on it as Alison Krauss is on fiddle! #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Blessings - and Merry Christmas!

Hans
Dec-20-2006, 8:55am
If I know Greg, he will be playing mandolin lullabies to that child every nite till she can hold a pick. Congrats Monica and Greg!

Eric F.
Dec-20-2006, 8:59am
Congratulations!

ronlane3
Dec-20-2006, 9:22am
Congratulations. Daddies little girls are the BEST.

mandopete
Dec-20-2006, 9:50am
Yes, Congratulations Greg!

Maybe you can start her off right with one of these baby taterbugs...

Flowerpot
Dec-20-2006, 10:10am
Congratulations, Greg! Over 7 lbs is great for 4 weeks early, looks like Mommy did good. I'm sure you'll play lots of mandolin for her now... and they certainly hear every note! My twins, now 4, are ahead of most all their peers in being able to keep a beat, sing in tune, and recognize/reproduce melodies, and of course they still love to hear the mandolin, over guitar or anything else I get out.

Enjoy all the milestones and take lots of pictures, as they change fast as lightning at this stage. Best regards.

testore
Dec-20-2006, 10:52am
Congratulations, She looks perfect and healthy as can be. Enjoy EVERY moment with her, because they learn things so quickly that once they move on to new things they never go back and do those little things that they used to do.I am the father of 4 and I get to stay at home with my 4 month old. It's the first time I've had that chance and I can't believe what an amazing thing this is. I'm having the time of my life. Enjoy her!

JEStanek
Dec-20-2006, 11:12am
Congratulations and enjoy the gift of a daughter.

Jamie

amowry
Dec-20-2006, 11:27am
Congratulations Greg! We'll have our first coming along in July, and I can hardly contain my excitemnt.

Wesley
Dec-20-2006, 11:29am
Yes - the little ones make life worth living. But why do they have to grow up so fast?

mandolooter
Dec-20-2006, 11:32am
She'll be the joy of your life!! Congrats and Happy Holidaze!!!!

tjg
Dec-20-2006, 1:07pm
Congratulations, Greg! There's nothing better in life than the joy of a child. I have three joys who play violin, cello, and piano. I'm sure your daughter will grow to be a wonderful musician herself.

K3NTUCKI8oy
Dec-20-2006, 1:13pm
congratulations she's a doll but your supposed to say Christmas!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Cheryl Watson
Dec-20-2006, 4:21pm
Sadie is beautiful and looks healthy too. Congrads, Greg!
Yes, do play a lot for her. I don't have children but I introduced acoustic music to my neighbor's children when they were first born, both live and on CD, and now they all know and love the sound of tonemonster acoustic guitars, fine mandolins, soulful fiddles and dobros, bodrans, Irish flute, and ukes too. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Cheryl

Gail Hester
Dec-20-2006, 4:29pm
Congratulations Greg, she is beautiful and look at all of that hair, she’s perfect.

ndy9691
Dec-20-2006, 5:18pm
Way to go !!!!!! Shes Beautiful. I have three children, 2 boys and Daddy's little Girl. Congratulations.

Dale

Ken
Dec-20-2006, 6:37pm
Congratulations! My daughters, now young adults, were and are the best thing about my whole life. Love your choice in naming her too. Enjoy.
Ken

Lane Pryce
Dec-20-2006, 6:52pm
Greg congratulations. The best Christmas ever. Lp

holdenzdad
Dec-20-2006, 8:56pm
What a blessing! She's beautiful!

G. Fisher
Dec-21-2006, 1:43am
Just a quick update. Sadie has a slight case of Jaundice and needs to spend time under special lighting. She looks like she's at a tanning salon.

G. Fisher
Dec-21-2006, 1:49am
Close up of her sweet eyewear.

mandolooter
Dec-21-2006, 1:08pm
reminds me of a Bad Livers CD cover...Hogs on the Highway...lol!