PDA

View Full Version : In absentia

vkioulaphides
May-01-2004, 10:45am
Dear MC-friends:

Our own Jim (Garber) seems to have some techno-glitch on his hardware that prevents him —and him alone!— from logging in and joining in the chat. Naturally, he misses us.

We miss you, too, Jim!

P.S. Suggestions for a plausible but far more poetic scenario have been made: alien abduction, volcanic eruption, witness-protection plans, etc. Suggestions for subsequent therapy for the withdrawal symptom(s) have also been made: more mandolin purchases, sequestration amidst mando-scores, trip to Naples...

Let us hope his absence is a brief one.

John Bertotti
May-01-2004, 11:27am
Like the Twilight zone I bet he's caught in a mando playing time warp. DOH!, I hate it when that happens. Reliving the same day over and over again that would be cool for a while. John

Bob A
May-01-2004, 11:48am
I've had several plaintive emails from Jim. I recommend folks drop him a line, to keep his spirits up.

It isn't just the mandolin that is addictive, folks. Apparently our company is hooked on our company, as well.

I don't even know if Jim can read this. I hear in my mind's ear a plaintive voice, gradually weakening, calling out for connection . . .

Bob A
May-01-2004, 1:49pm
Jim sends his regards, via email.

We eagerly await.

Jim Garber
May-01-2004, 2:36pm
Hi
My name is Legeis Leumas and I come from the planet Rehgrebme. I have found a way to enter the body and mandolin of Jim Garber and hold him hostage for a short while so I may obtain for my people the mystical qualities of this object which you call the mandolin.

I have finally released Jim to once again join your ranks. He is completely untouched by the process with the exception that for about one week he will only play The Chicken Dance in duo-style on the mandolin. This effect will wear off soon.

Luckily he was not capable of getting to his bank account so no Italian bowlback mandolins were purchased.

I will, be heading back to my planet now to form a mandolin orchestra when I return. Thanks for lending me Jim's brain and his jpegs.

Legeis

Jim Garber
May-01-2004, 2:39pm
Hey Folks:
Thanks for all your well-wishing. I am back. Not sure why i wasn;t here to begin with.

Whew!
Jim

Bob A
May-01-2004, 2:40pm
Legeis? Any relation to Tba?

Pity about the bank account, though.

Jim Garber
May-01-2004, 6:24pm
Could be Reffuats Yerbua or Ecalac Eleaffar for all we know.

Jim