PDA

View Full Version : If i had the $$$$

Scotti Adams
Dec-09-2006, 9:27pm
...seems like a great deal on a great mando...NO FINANCIAL INTEREST...hey Santa...you out there?

http://mysite.verizon.net/resrfdh6/randywoodf5standard/

Greenmando
Dec-09-2006, 10:14pm
Is that the Randy Wood in the classifeds? I was drooling on the laptop just thinking about it.

jasona
Dec-09-2006, 10:44pm
A great price on that one!

mythicfish
Dec-10-2006, 7:37am
... lot's of folks say that these mandolins dont s**k...

Curt

fishdawg40
Dec-10-2006, 7:51am
Let me ask you guys a question; What is the difference between a Randy Wood and a Gilchrist? I don't want to start a debate about what mandolin speaks to you, etc. But I've heard Wood's name as one of the preeminent builders and of course Gilchrist as well. Why the disparity in the two builders prices? Is there a difference in quality (I don't think so)? There's probably no easy answer for this one.

red7flag
Dec-10-2006, 9:38am
I had the pleasure at the Monroe Workshop to hear Red and Chris Henry play their Randy Wood mandos and Mike Compton and David Long play their Gilchrists. I assure you, either will knock your socks off. I would really like to hear them ABed by the same player, playing the same tune the same way. It is hard to compare instruments played by different players, even if they are all playing Monroe style. Just to comment, the two Randy Woods mandos had the Red Henry solid bridges. I would like to hear those ABed with traditional bridges just for my curiosity.
Tony

fishdawg40
Dec-10-2006, 10:51pm
Tony I was actually blown out the door by Mike playing his Gilchrist. He made me feel like he plugged in and turned it to 11...

Soon enough I'll be around Randy Wood's shop in Savannah, not that my playing will do it any justice but I want to see what all the talk is about...

mandopete
Dec-11-2006, 10:24am
Check out any of the recordings by Katsuyuki Miyazaki and you'll hear what the all the fuss is about.