PDA

View Full Version : Merlefest on XM Radio

Mteresko
Apr-30-2004, 10:42am
I just signed up for XM Radio this week and discovered that they are broadcasting the whole of Merlefest live. I am listening to Reckless Kelly at work right now, and the rest of the line up looks pretty darn good.

levin4now
May-03-2004, 6:40am
Mteresko,

My friend was planting 2000 acres of corn the last few weeks listening to his trusty XM radio. he called me when Merlefest came on. Pretty sweet.

What is the cost on XM. (Initial and subscription?) How are you liking it?

ADM

Clamdigger
May-03-2004, 5:50pm
I have had XM for about a year and would not be without it, especially on a trip. #I only listen to about six or seven stations and almost always Bluegrass Junction. #At times they play songs that I don't consider to be bluegrass and I just turn on my CD until the song is over. #The band and song name are shown on the player screen. #I bought the unit that is portable that can be plugged into a $70 boom box kind of player in the house. #I don't remember the initial cost but the monthly fee is $10.30. #I live in Rhode Island and I listened to Merefest Sunday afternoon on the way back from a jam. #Pretty cool. #Clamdigger

chirorehab
May-03-2004, 5:57pm
XM vs Sirius anyone?

Eric

Mteresko
May-04-2004, 9:04am
I dropped $50 on the XM PC interface, and signed up for $10/month and a $10 connection fee. Not a bad deal if your computer is set up for decent or better sound. I looked at Sirius, but they don't seem to have the PC connection available. Works great for me since I listen at work. Unfortunately, now I want a XM receiver for car and home!