Paul Statman
Apr-28-2004, 11:12pm
Just arrived yesterday

Paul Statman
Apr-28-2004, 11:14pm
..the gorgeous back.

Paul Statman
Apr-28-2004, 11:15pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif?!!

Paul Statman
Apr-28-2004, 11:31pm
le 'eadstock

JimW
Apr-28-2004, 11:55pm
Oh man, I don't know what else to say but.. Totally awesome, a work of art. You should be proud to be it's owner. Stunning...

Jim

phynie
Apr-29-2004, 6:28am
drool............

John Zimm
Apr-29-2004, 8:41am
Yup, I am jealous. That looks absolutely beautiful. Bravo to the guys at Gibson. How exactly was it checked over the same day you got it? Congrats.

-John.

Tom C
Apr-29-2004, 8:47am
That's what a mando should look like. Does that have a pure white binding on the pickguard? If so, I thought gibson change that to match the rest of the binding.

Ken Sager
Apr-29-2004, 9:07am
How exactly was it checked over the same day you got it?
Kinda suggests the dates inside are pretty meaningless... Yes?

Ken Sager
Apr-29-2004, 9:08am
Very nice looking mandolin, nonetheless.

Darryl Wolfe
Apr-29-2004, 9:23am
Looks great.....good work Charlie

John Zimm
Apr-29-2004, 10:28am
Looks great.....good work Charlie

Hear hear. Fubar dates or no (maybe the date is correct-I am no expert), that is beautiful work. Looks like a mandolin to be proud to have made, and one a person can be proud to own.

-John.

Paul Statman
Apr-29-2004, 11:02am
Thanks for the replies guys. The pickguard binding is w/b/w (I'm not sure why the pictures posted so blurred after using a tripod). There are only three things I requested different radiused fretboard, scooped extension and naked neck. The colors really are warm, and quite close to what one sees in the pictures. Now to break it in before competing next month..(yeah, right).

c3hammer
Apr-29-2004, 12:09pm
That dating kind of reminds of a can of Copenhagen I bought a few years ago that had a date stamp two days after I purchased it in Bozeman Montana. LOL!

I wonder what day it actually is when the date is stamped on a Bud label?

Cheers,
Pete

JeffS
Apr-29-2004, 2:00pm
Its the work of leprechauns I tell you. Or someone with very wee hands.

Joe Parker
Apr-29-2004, 6:41pm
Very nice!! How does it sound? Did you request the pearl truss rod cover? I can't wait to get mine! Thanks for the pics.

JPP

Skip Kelley
Apr-29-2004, 6:45pm
AWESOME just AWESOME!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

goose
Apr-29-2004, 10:47pm
Absolutely beautiful. Mine is over two years old and has been played countless hours and is no longer pristine but sounds as good as yours looks. You are in for a treat when that babe opens up. I'd like to see a picture of the nekkid neck.

chris
Apr-30-2004, 5:43am
Speechless!!!!!!!!!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mandoJeremy
Apr-30-2004, 8:26am
The back on that is one of the most beautiful backs I have ever seen. Cool figure in it. Congrats.

Paul Statman
Apr-30-2004, 10:23am
Wow! Great feedback from you fellow mandophiles. It warms my heart to share these with you. I'll shoot some 'nekkid' neck today to post here. It will be appearing 'in person' at the mandolin symposium, if any of you will be there (actually, it'll be there even if you're not)!
Late..

Paul Statman
Apr-30-2004, 6:24pm
re: truss rod cover.. I added that. The only other things I've done were to round off the bass side of the saddle top, and Loctite the tuning button screws (pesky little blighters have a habit of coming loose).
[B]

goose 2
Apr-30-2004, 11:10pm
I always like a beautiful slender neck in the buff! I have about played all the varnish off my neck so its pretty nekkid itself. I like the feel better. Again ,congrats on your beautiful new instrument. What a peach!

Paul Statman
May-01-2004, 7:57pm
"I could eat a peach all day".

Nicholas Cage's character to John Travolta's in the film,'Face Off'..