PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some gavin baird info..

telepbrman
Nov-08-2006, 6:00am
Back in April I was researching the Peter Ostroushko Baird mandolin, and I wanted to come back and double check if anyone has picked one up? I am thinking about one in the MAS lingo....thanks, dy.

bradeinhorn
Nov-08-2006, 12:11pm
my buddy fred had a f-5 made by gavin. i thought it was pretty nice, but he ended up selling it...

Potosimando
Nov-08-2006, 1:06pm
I had a terrific Baird F4, and only sold it when a Gil Model 1 (A4) came along--couldn't afford to have both of them. #To my ear, the Gil was the only oval-hole mando I have ever played that out-performed the Baird. #Not only that, the Baird was the coolest-looking mandolin I've owned (ordinarily I don't care about "coolness", but I couldn't deny that aspect in the Baird). #My guess is, you would be very satisfied with purchasing a Baird (Peter-O model, or otherwise).

Spruce
Nov-08-2006, 1:13pm
Gavin builds some of the coolest (yes, it's a good description) and best sounding/playing mandos going, period...

It's really nice to see someone doing something different from the standard F5...

Lee
Nov-08-2006, 6:19pm
Uh Doug, didn't you just purchase the BRW oval-hole? How's it been treating you? If you're thinking of another raised-fingerboard oval-hole, Hans Brentrup also makes one.
I've been kinda interested in Gavid Baird's mandolins too.

Fretbear
Nov-08-2006, 11:03pm
I Believe Norman Lee Blake also has a Baird....