PDA

View Full Version : Chris thile and michael daves

bradeinhorn
Nov-01-2006, 12:35pm
what a great halloween show. anyone catch this? curious to hear others views.

Jonathan Peck
Nov-01-2006, 2:15pm
My head's still exploding...and these two guys never practice together. They've reached a level of virtuosity that us mere mortals can only dream of. It's like they're in a vulcan mind meld. Amazing!

-jonathan

bradeinhorn
Nov-01-2006, 3:36pm
yes. were you there in the beginning? how sick was thile on the guitar?

Ira Chavis
Nov-01-2006, 10:35pm
Where did they play?

bradeinhorn
Nov-02-2006, 4:24am
11th street bar (11th between A and B). they are playing again at the sherrif sessions this friday night at the baggot inn.

Jonathan Peck
Nov-02-2006, 11:56am
yes. were you there in the beginning? how sick was thile on the guitar?
Naw, I missed that. I got to catch the last show when Mike Marshall came up and played guitar

melodicdreams
Nov-04-2006, 9:51pm
Someone posted an mp3 here a while back of Chris and Michael jamming on Air Mail Special. I was looking for that but couldn't find it. Any ideas?

bradeinhorn
Nov-06-2006, 8:31am
http://www.michaeldaves.com/performing/soundclips.htm

a few songs down. go michael. come to his jam tonight at the parkside lounge. always a good time.

Jonathan Peck
Nov-06-2006, 11:12am
There's been a guy putting together a documentary of the local bluegrass scene here. He has a ton of footage of Chris and Michael jamming in the weeee hours from the Baggot, including the first time they met last summer. Last winter when I spoke to him, he said he's a long ways away from editing and putting something out.....but last week when I was over at Michael's house, Michael had a DVD with footage of these jams, so maybe we're a little closer to the finished product.

-jonathan

JVESEY
Nov-06-2006, 2:12pm
Caught these two at the Sheriff Sessions at the Baggot. Wow! These guys push each other in ways you rarely see. They should catch this fire on record. Could become another classic duo recording like Skaggs and Rice, Monroe and Watson or Blake and Rice.

Lot's of fun. They really seem to enjoy the uncharted landscape although they stay very close to the traditional roots of their repertoire. And they sing great together. It was raw and real. I felt like I was catching something very special.

Jonathan Peck
Nov-06-2006, 3:54pm
Hey John,

Sorry I missed you and the rest of the second fiddles....once again. My daughter had a show and I needed to be there for her. I was going to go late, but I figured the place would be totally packed with the headliners drawing a big crowd. How'd the show go? Did you stay for the midnight jam?

-jonathan

JVESEY
Nov-06-2006, 5:15pm
It was soo much fun. Unfortunately I didn't realize this would be such a scene. (Duh?) Most of the Fiddles fans couldn't get in. It was pretty intimidating going on before Chris and Jesse Cobb. (Not to mention M. Daves, Chris Eldridge or Andy Hall!)

Anyway, you gotta do that family thing first. That's why I missed Bruce Molsky and the Stringdusters on Saturday.

I didn't catch the midnight (1:30 AM) Pro Jam. I'm sure it was a barn burner. To be honest, I'd seen so much great music by then, it was time for a rest.

mandotool
Nov-06-2006, 11:44pm
Went to the baggott show....
days later....still decompressing....my head hurts...can't eat....can't sleep ....my hands are shakin...
h*ly sh*t !!!!!..

Jonathan Peck
Nov-07-2006, 5:21pm
Hey John,

I ran into Clarence (from Blue Harvest) at the Parkside last night. He was raving about Bruce Molsky. I'm real sorry I missed it. It's been real music overload around here lately.

-jonathan