PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone id this

Keith Miller
Oct-30-2006, 6:33pm
This belongs to a collegue of mine, it was his uncle's and the family believe it came from USA around 1920. There is no maker or labels. Can anyone help.
Thanks, Keith

Paul Hostetter
Oct-30-2006, 10:13pm
Nothing rings a bell with this one image. Have any others? You are probably the first kid on your block to own one.

The bridge is looking pretty weird!

Keith Miller
Oct-30-2006, 10:48pm
Paul,
Had enough problems with this one pic : the back is pretty ordinary, light maple I think 17 staves and a couple of bad cracks as well. I have had to put the bridge down flat due to a nasty crack the length of the table. with the bridge the right way up it makes ominous creaking noises, I also think the bridge is not original, it does not fit at all well. I've never seen one with just that small inlaid circle, thought that may point someone in the right direction. As said , it's not mine and is not for sale, the family just want to know a bit about it
Keith

Paul Hostetter
Oct-30-2006, 11:39pm
Well, let's cross our fingers Eugene or some of the others who really fancy and know a bunch about roundbacks catch this thread and have something better to contribute.

Jim Garber
Oct-31-2006, 8:56am
No clue on this one either. It would definitely help with more pics of at least the bowl and the headstock. I lean to eastern European but that may be off as well. In any case, it is a lowend instrument, nice for a family heirloom, prob nothing valuable.

Jim

Keith Miller
Oct-31-2006, 9:45pm
the back as requested...camera is playing up though