PDA

View Full Version : Loarfest West - Thursday, February 1, 2007

Scott Tichenor
Oct-24-2006, 3:25pm
Thought some of you might enjoy the artwork that has been approved for this year's LoarFest. By the way, some of our own will be working this event this time around. Darryl Wolfe is serving as one of the general hosts and organizers and will be introducing various acts/events throughout the day. I'll be there and I'm slowly talking Dan B. into it. It's a great time, and the day's events (http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_00475.shtml) are simply overload for mandolin nuts.

Scott Tichenor
Oct-24-2006, 3:25pm
And the accompanying Supergrass logo:

glauber
Oct-24-2006, 3:30pm
LOL! Shouldn't it be b@njo tuning pegs?

craigw
Oct-24-2006, 5:27pm
I thought I should pass along a hotels and accomodations update. The Holiday Inn is now sold out (with a substantial waiting list) but the Best Western-Hill House, across the street still has some room availability. Out of 100 rooms there, 38 remain as of this afternoon. They go for $84/single and $89/double and once they are gone you are looking at staying about two miles away. Almost all of our SuperGrass/LoarFest entertainers will be at the Doubletree which is very nice and close to Buck Owens' Crystal Palace. They have also offered an $85 rate on a limited number of rooms. We are working on getting a shuttle to and from the Doubletree but not making promises until it's a done deal. There are several other nice hotels near the Doubletree at varying prices that are listed on the www.supergrasscalifornia.org website .
Craig Wilson
Co-Director

craigw
Oct-24-2006, 6:55pm
Glauber, there will be several great fiddlers at Supergrass including Michael Cleveland with his awesome band, Flame Keeper featuring Audie Blaylock. I guess fiddle tuners also work under the circumstances. Thanks for noticing the unique work of our graphic artist, Steve Johnson. You'll either love or hate the SuperGrass mule but it sure gets your attention.

JEStanek
Oct-24-2006, 9:23pm
Awesome artwork on both pieces. Both will make for cool t-shirts!

Jamie

Mandomaiden
Oct-24-2006, 11:28pm
When will tickets for Thursday night dinner be available?

craigw
Oct-25-2006, 12:23am
Mandomaiden, the dinner tickets are on sale now. You can get them from Nancy Zuniga when you order festival passes by mail. They are $20 extra if you have a festival pass and it will be a nice sit-down dinner. Call Nancy at 559-338-0026. Only a limited number of tickets are available so don't wait too long.

craigw
Oct-25-2006, 12:25am
Also please note that the dinner concert is scheduled for FRIDAY night not Thursday as some of our earliest publicity stated.

Mandomaiden
Oct-25-2006, 1:04am
Thanks, Craig...I'll give Nancy a call.

Scott Tichenor
Oct-25-2006, 7:05am
Awesome artwork on both pieces. Both will make for cool t-shirts!

Jamie
I just happen to also have the t-shirt mock-ups.

Scott Tichenor
Oct-25-2006, 7:07am
And Supergrass

glauber
Oct-25-2006, 7:17am
Craig, the art is awesome.

fredfrank
Oct-25-2006, 7:51am
Scott, are these t-shirts available from you?

Daniel Nestlerode
Oct-25-2006, 11:56am
Put the days off for SuperGrass and LoarFest in my 2006-2007 work calendar back in May! I'll be there with bells on.

But I have to say the mule and the cow from Fathers day fest a few years ago are about the UGLIEST designs I've ever seen on a t-shirt. (And yes, I own one of each.) Stop torturing that mule with those tuning pegs already! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Hey Scott, see if the CBA folks (or whoever) can use your t-shirt folks. My mandolin cafe t is a lot more comfy than my LoarFest t.

Best,
Daniel

f5loar
Oct-25-2006, 8:38pm
I won't be able to make it this year but love those new logo for '07, so Darryl pick me up a couple of coffee mugs and 4 XL shirts (one of each color).

Mikey G
Oct-25-2006, 10:04pm
I'd love to have one of those LoarFest shirts. Is there any way us "common folk" could purchase one?

Scott Tichenor
Oct-26-2006, 5:58am
Scott, are these t-shirts available from you?
Not available from me. These will only be for sale at LoarFest is my understanding. The question of whether these will ever be for sale online will need to be answered by Craig.

craigw
Oct-27-2006, 7:33pm
We aren't really set up at this time to do mail order on the shirts and need to have an ample supply for both Loar Fest and SuperGrass. If we have some left over after the event we could evaluate if doing a mail order is practical.
We'll let ya'all know if we can do that, otherwise the best way to get one of the shirts is to come on out to the festival, it will be a real hoot.