PDA

View Full Version : los lonely boys

ira
Apr-24-2004, 8:35pm
no mando in the band- but wow! do you guys know of this band. i guess they've been around but i never heard of them till today. went to earthfest in boston, and they blew me away. i can''t remember the last time a rock-n-roll band amazed me like this. musically phenomenal- everything from straight forward old time rock to santana like tunes to an extended instrumental blues. they danced and partied and had more fun than the audience.

i have no idea how their music would sound on a mando, but after i order the cd, i'll find out. i don;t know if their studio stuff will be much good, but if they are in your area and you want a party with great tunes. go see em.

mando bandage
Apr-24-2004, 9:52pm
Haven't seen 'em, but bought the CD after hearing them on www.wnku.org. Love the CD. They cover a lot of ground, musically speaking, and do it all well. Acknowledged musical influences from Carlos Santana to Stevie Ray Vaughan. Nice blend of Tex-Mex RR/Blues.

R

mad dawg
Apr-25-2004, 3:18pm
The band is comprised of three brothers on guitar/vocals, bass/vocals, and drums; they've probably been jamming together their whole lives I would imagine -- how cool is that!

mandocaster
Apr-25-2004, 6:18pm
I've been listening to their CD all day. Love it.

ira
Apr-26-2004, 9:20am
waiting for mine in the mail. can't wait to get it. wish it was live though as it may be good, but their live performance was mindblowing.

Hondo
Apr-26-2004, 9:40am
Yep, pretty good stuff. They've been opening for Willie Nelson, who's called them his favorite Austin band.

duuuude
Apr-26-2004, 10:59am
Yep, caught them a few months ago when they swung through town. I understand Willie's brother had heard them and played a demo for Willie who immediately started helping them & gettin' them goin'. He knows talent when he hears it.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Mandog
Apr-26-2004, 11:25am
Saw them on Jimmy Kimmel the other night (I only get one station out here in the hinterlands). Jimmy's comment after they played: "You know that expression, 'my kind of music'? Well, that's MY KIND OF MUSIC!!!" Good stuff.

I assume their name is an homage to Los Lobos, who are also pretty darn good. Whatever happened to them?

Hondo
Apr-26-2004, 12:04pm
Nope, no Los Lobos connection. The name is from a song their father used to sing years ago. Something like "I'm just a lonely, lonely boy." Guess it stuck.