PDA

View Full Version : Chris thile and hillary hahn

bradeinhorn
Oct-10-2006, 10:37pm
just got back from this wonderful night of music. anyone else attend?

WJF
Oct-11-2006, 12:49am
It was truly an amazing show. The Bach was simply out of this world but then again pretty much everything they played was spectacular. It's 1:45 AM and I just got home ... I'm heading for bed with a smile on my face and sounds of those two still ringing delightfully in my ears.

Brett Moore
Oct-11-2006, 6:49am
Setlist? Photos? More details?! I'm jealous!

bradeinhorn
Oct-11-2006, 3:44pm
not sure on the specifics of the classical tunes - i know there was some bach in the mix.

as for chris's solo tunes.
dead leaves and the the dirty ground
if you're gonna leave me (set up me up with one of your friends)
devil stay away
some unnamed instrumental
fast as you can (fiona apple)
together they played bela's down in the swamp
oh and encore was dylan's masters of war

WJF
Oct-11-2006, 5:11pm
The Gigue from Bach's Dm Partita; The entire Bm Sonata for solo violin; a piece from Tartini (the Devil's Trill?) ... Chris had arranged the harpsichord part for mandolin on that one; a Paganini piece ... those are the ones that I remember off the top of my head. There were others. Hillary played a really neat piece that had been handed down from her teacher's, teacher. It quoted Bach's Sonata in Emajor but then rapidly departed through some interesting twists and turns only to come back and quote it again. Oh and in the non-classical vein they did O Santo De Polvera together.

It was a great show!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif