PDA

View Full Version : No photos on classifieds--why?

Dan Margolis
Oct-04-2006, 10:08am
I used to see photos when I viewed the Cafe classifieds. Now (in the past few months) I don't. Do others have this problem? Dan

Walter Newton
Oct-04-2006, 10:10am
I see the photos (if the poster included one) just fine.

Mandomax
Oct-04-2006, 10:12am
check your security settings- you probably have a pop-up blocker in place. Change the settings to allow stuff from the mando cafe and the problem should be solved.

danb
Oct-04-2006, 10:32am
we don't use pop-ups though..

Mandomax
Oct-04-2006, 10:36am
my macafee security system blocks the photos. It may not be pop ups, but it is something because my PC at work w/o Macafee doesn't do it.

Dan Margolis
Oct-04-2006, 10:42am
I did disable the pop-up blocker after reading your replies--funny I didn't remember to do it beforehand, but, sadly, still no photos. Now I'm checking McAfee. Thanks for everyone's help. Dan

Scott Tichenor
Oct-04-2006, 10:44am
Usually, it's a MacAfee problem. Here's the fix forwarded to me by one of our users once. Seems to work well:

For users with MacAfee who cannot view the photos in the classifieds section:
1. Open MacAfee Security Center
2. Click on "Privacy Service"
3. Click on "Configure Privacy Service Options"
4. Click on the "Options" tab on the left.
5. Click on the "Block Ads" tab on the top
6. Uncheck the "Block Ads on this computer" box

Dan Margolis
Oct-04-2006, 11:39am
McAfee has a lot of unhappy customers. Your fix would work except that when I click on privacy service>options> I don't get a screen to change pop-up settings. Just a screen to change my password. I'm researching the McAfee forum to see if they have answers. Thanks for the help. Dan

Dan Margolis
Oct-04-2006, 11:48am
By disabling McAfee Privacy Center, I got the pix to show. Now I have to figure out how to show pix with PC enabled. Thanks again, Dan

MandoSquirrel
Oct-04-2006, 5:57pm
By disabling McAfee Privacy Center, I got the pix to show. Now I have to figure out how to show pix with PC enabled. Thanks again, Dan
Rmove Macatrash & install AVG from Grisoft. It's free, it works, & it doesn't block the pictures.

mandopete
Oct-04-2006, 6:39pm
Can Mcafee be configured to block pictures of mandolins over $10,000 ?

Ted Eschliman
Oct-04-2006, 7:23pm
Can Mcafee be configured to block pictures of mandolins over $10,000 ?
If it can, please keep it a secret from Mrs. Mandohack...

Onesound
Oct-04-2006, 8:06pm
Yep - I had the same problem - a McAfee upgrade auto-turned on Ad Blocking in the Privacy settings. Took me a while to nail down what had changed in my system.

DryBones
Oct-12-2006, 6:22pm
But what about the ads that say "photos available for serious inquires only"? How hard is it to put up a dang photo with the ad in the first place? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif I like to look at everything that is out there for sale. My inquiry might only get serious if I like what I see in the ad.