PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear of these guys

ira
Apr-23-2004, 8:28am
don't even know how i got to their link, but the mp3s are a blast. folky, cajun, a little oldtyme type influence. they just sound like fun (and in their pics of shows-look like fun)
take a look,give a listen-http://www.thebillhillyband.com/newsite/index.html

they are from the northwest so if you folks out there on the northern left have seen em. chime in.

duuuude
Apr-27-2004, 11:14am
Yep, gonna see 'em at Strawberry in a few weeks, as I understand they used to be the "house band" at one of the places in Disneyland or something. They're supposed to be a real hoot!
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

ira
Apr-28-2004, 12:38pm
let us know how they were. i loved t he musical clips on their site, and their pics show them wooping it up and having a good time on stage.

Steve Scott
May-27-2004, 5:42pm
I caught these guys in Vancouver BC a couple of years ago. I am very happy to see they are finally touring the States. They are a really fun, one of a kind roots band - supurb musicianship. IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM LIVE, DO NOT MISS THEM! I think they are playing Thursday in Strawberry and will be at the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley next week. #Again, do not miss them! Trust me.

rixter
May-29-2004, 12:27am
These guys came and performed at the theater here in our little town (Oregon coast) just a few weeks ago and they were fantastic. Extremely talented group of musicians and really varied/eclectic repertoire. It was obvious that they were having a great time and I sure did as well. Mark Atkinson is the mando guy and plays well. He has a custom flat top A style that I believe was made by a maker up in Victoria BC. I believe he's a relatively new mando convert but of course draws from extensive jazz guitar background and really rips it up. I highly recommend seeing them if you get a chance.

duuuude
Jun-01-2004, 1:04pm
Yep, all of the above and then some, these guys kick some serious butt and look like they're havin' the time of their lives doin' it! Very highly recommended if they ever swing yer way, a great mix of talent, song selection and energy!

ira
Jun-10-2004, 12:28pm
i wish they would play back east a bit, but based on their website, it is a bit of a commute.

tallgirl1204
Jun-15-2004, 2:14pm
I saw these guys in Pagosa Hot Springs last fall; they were still using their former name, the Billhillies. They were in my opinion the highlight of the weekend. Showmen all of them, funny, combining many different musical genres, working the audience at the back of the pasture as well as the front row... they entered from the back of the venue, singing in harmony like an old medieval minstrel band, and the fun never stopped. I'm looking forward to seeing them in Vancouver in a few weeks!