PDA

View Full Version : TRC, PG, AR

Doug Edwards
Oct-03-2006, 1:32pm
Somehow I got the idea to do this on the arm rest thread and couldn't put it to rest. I made a set for the Kentucky on our raffle.

JEStanek
Oct-03-2006, 1:56pm
Nice!
Jamie

Mark Walker
Oct-03-2006, 2:24pm
Doug - did you make an armrest for your Silver Angel? That one there looks so good - I might have to have you make one for mine! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Doug Edwards
Oct-03-2006, 3:36pm
Mark this is my first attempt. (all fingers accounted for)#

I have a much deeper respect for the guys that do this all the time. I did have what I thought was #a good idea doing this. Some were complaining about the fit on their Siren arm rests. I fit my arm rest much as you would a bridge, using the sanding paper face up on the top of the mandolin. Tedious but worth it. Someone without access to the instrument obiously could not do this. My design is a combination of the Siren and others I've liked. I'm very pleased how it turned out.

I'll post pictures of the Kentucky when I get it all decked out. I just dropped it off to get the pearl nut done. I have not worked with the pearl and did not want to mess it up. I'll do the Cumberland bridge and Allen tail piece when they come in. The luthier doing the nut was pretty impressed. Made my head swell up.

I'll definately have to make an arm rest for my Angel. I need to order some parts.