PDA

View Full Version : Avery County

travers chandler
Sep-26-2006, 12:48pm
Hello friends,
I am very excited to announce the formation of a new band on the bluegrass landscape. I am very excited to be a part of it and even more excited about the material and our quest to leave our audiences entertained. A new band with old school appeal. The name of the new group is Avery County.
I drew the name from the 1978 Charlie Moore song and album of that title. We felt it was important to point to the man that had a profound on all of us in the group.
We are excited about the chance to ENTERTAIN. To really give our all to our friends and fans. If you like the sounds of Red Allen, Jimmy Martin and the like hopefully you will like us too!
Avery County is:

Jim Rollins- 5 String banjo(played in the three finger style popularized by Earl Scruggs <g>). Jim resides in Greenville SC and also possesses one of the most powerful voices i have ever heard. I look forward to more and more people hearing him sing. Oh yeah he is ok on the banjo<g> Jim has worked with Jimmy Martin and The Sunny Mtn Boys and Larry Sparks among many others..and he is pretty funny too..

James Crain- Guitar lead and harmony Vocals. James is from Milton FL and should be recognized by some from his work withthe group Sand Mountain and his lead vocal on the tune "Molly Rose" We are delighted to have James in the group as his talents are only overshadowed by his chracter!

Gary Richardson- Upright Bass Gary resides in Raleigh NC and spent three years with the group "Carolina Road." He is the "old man" of the bunch.

Jason Barie- Fiddle What can be said about this guy? Man is he tall! Oh yeah and he's a pretty good fiddler too having worked with Sand Mountain, Carolina Road, and Bobby Osborne. We are proud to have a true bluegrass fiddler!

Travers Chandler- Mandolin, Guitar, Vocals Ahhh....well...i was born in a raft in the Panama Canal....there's not much can be said about me except i am obviously a great blackmail artist to be allowed to play with these guys....

All jokes aside we should start recording our debut CD this winter with release in the spring.It will feature a lot of great new and some old underheard songs from the pens of Charlie Moore,Leon Morris,Red Allen, and some new songs from ourselves Aubrey Holt and more.

Our upcoming appearances are:

Sept 30th Showcase Bluegrass Inn Broadway Nashville TN 3pm
October 14th Railroad Festival Folkstage Appomattox VA
October 14th Baines Books and Coffee Appomattox VA 5pm

If you would like to be placed on our mailing list please drop a line at mandolintravers@yahoo.com. Please come out and say howdy(or throw tomatoes any attention is good to us) and please keep on the look out soon for our new website!

Thanks for your time and bandwidth..

Travers Chandler

www.eastmanmandolins.com
http://www.eastmanstrings.com/eastmanmandolins/artists/artists.html
www.myspace.com/traverschandler

CHARLIE MOORE FOR IBMA HALL OF HONOR!!! 1935-1979

evanreilly
Sep-26-2006, 9:22pm
Jimbo 'Flatthead' Rollins! Will make any band a great one!! Tell him 'Sparkplug' sends his best.

travers chandler
Sep-27-2006, 9:18am
haha...I will do that Evan and thanks!!!