PDA

View Full Version : Attention Duff Owners

kyblue
Sep-25-2006, 1:48pm
(I posted this in the Regional Jams, etc section, but wanted to repost here to make sure everyone saw it.)

I'll be heading to IBMA next Wednesday, and will be at the Ren for 4 nights. #

I saw Paul Duff last week, and he said he would probably be going down to Nashville on Wednesday or Thursday, and be there for Fan Fest.

Let me know if any Duff owners want to get together with Paul and I'll arrange something. #

Also, I'll be happy to host some kind of gathering of cafe members as well. #We had some good happy hour jams last year in Gordon's room, but Gordon doesn't think he'll make it this year. #

Post or pm me with when you'll be there and what would be a good time for you.

Paula

p.s. Paul's friend Gerry is travelling with him. I see Gerry has posted his 2000 Duff for sale in the classifieds. #It's a nice one, so if you want to see it this would be a good chance to do that, also.

f5joe
Sep-27-2006, 4:32pm
A couple of us Duff owners will be there Friday and Saturday. Neither of us are planning on carrying any instruments ........... too much to see.

We plan on visiting with Paul ......... hopefully.

Joe

kyblue
Sep-27-2006, 9:19pm
I'm in room 2007 at the Ren.

Lots of jamming everywhere. #Don't see many people without instruments! #

Just saw the Kruger Brothers, and Mark Johnson & Emory Lestor, at the Deering Showcase. #Will be heading down to the mandolin duos showcase in a bit.

The trade show was a disappointment to me. #Lots of folks missing that I enjoyed seeing last year. #

But, other than that, big fun!

Chatted with Tim Stafford, Mike Hartgrove, almost ran over Tim O'Brien again (the only one I seem to get shy around!), saw Tom T. and quite a few others on the trade show floor. #And, I've only been here a few hours.

Paula

f5joe
Sep-28-2006, 3:50pm
We hope to meet up with you Paula. Ask for "f5joe", all lot of mando nuts know me. Have fun! Joe

kyblue
Sep-28-2006, 4:04pm
Had an impromptu gathering in the lobby this afternoon with Paul and with Tony Williamson, didn't get to meet everyone but there were some good sounding Duffs there!

Rebecca Lovell stopped by and Tony loaned her his Duff to play today and tomorrow, so guess it will be getting a good workout! It's a nice one.

Got a good photo with Paul, Gerry and Sam Bush, would try to post it if I could find my cable and if I had a faster connection!

Paula

f5joe
Oct-01-2006, 9:56pm
Here's Paul with Hershel Sizemore at IBMA Saturday evening. #Hershel's playing a pre-sold Duff and Paul's playing Hershel's Loar.

http://images.lilypix.com/albums/userpics/10052/IBMA-2006_056a.jpg

Jeff Rose
Oct-01-2006, 10:46pm
kyblue,
Sorry I missed you, was in 2010 - didn't bring my laptop along so missed this thread earlier. Hooked up with F5 Joe and Paul for a bit and played a couple of his mandolins, superb and Paul is such a nice man as well (Joe too!!)! Swell fun all in all! Going to be hard to adjust to not playing and listening 20 hours a day...
cheers,

f5joe
Oct-02-2006, 6:11pm
......... that Jeff Rose is an awesome player! Great seeing you again Jeff!

Jeff Rose
Oct-02-2006, 8:20pm
Besides knowing more about every kind of instrument than just about anybody on the planet and being a straight up great guy F5joe is no slouch on the mandolin hisself!
Joe always a pleasure, I always learn from you and enjoy your enthusiasm.
Your introducing me to Paul Duff and helping me take a guided tour of the Duff mandolins was a definite high point!

f5joe
Oct-03-2006, 5:17pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Blushing here Jeff. Thanks and back at you! Joe

kymandolin29
Oct-04-2006, 11:43pm
sorry i missed everbody but i didnt know many from the board here....may have met some of you but didnt know it...lol... was there from weds till sat nite ....mostly hung around the third level evevators...but jammed some up in the rooms...pauls mandolins are great....hung out with him and gerry some and traded a case with them....the high lite was definatly seeing dan paisley and the southern grass....that band absoulutly rocks....mark

f5joe
Oct-05-2006, 5:43pm
Dan, I dug Paisley and the SG. Man, that was raw and real.

I saw the Calton case. Nice trade for everyone.