PDA

View Full Version : Well she nails it

Scotti Adams
Apr-21-2004, 8:40pm
..it does me good to see her get up there and nail it...you couldnt get more perfect than that....T. Rice...man what can you say...looked to me like he was using some new G run lick Ive never seen/heard before...anybody else catch that? Dolly bites as a host...bad jokes..I like Dolly but not as a host... should have used Vince or Brad Paisley..and was it me or is everybody singin sharp?..must be a sound/monitor problem. Seeing Bluegrass in the forfront like that is a real shot in the arm and just goes to show where Alison's heart is. Thanks Alison...

ronlane3
Apr-21-2004, 10:07pm
Not only Tony, but Sam Bush and who was that playin' fiddle (was it Stuart Duncan)?

Scotti Adams
Apr-21-2004, 10:53pm
..yep the BushMeister with Stuart Duncan....mark my word ..you will be seeing T. Rice doing more gigs with Sweet Alison....

Coy Wylie
Apr-21-2004, 11:18pm
I caught it on the second go around and you guys are right, I was pleasantly surprised. However, a little later a song starts with a two bluegrass instruments (mando & b*n(o) and then out comes Keith Urban with a distorted tele. Then what's the deal with the queer eye guy??? We've come a long way from the opry boys and girls.

ethanopia
Apr-22-2004, 7:06am
yeah I thought it was a pretty tight preformance. I was surprised they did an old tune like that, its pretty cool to see a traditional tune on an awards show that is billed as being a more "cutting edge" "picked by the people" "newest and cutest type of show." anyway enjoyable...

mandopete
Apr-22-2004, 8:14am
Did anyone notice the audience reaction? Seems like the applause was the most enthusiastic of whole show!

Kinda wish Sammy would have gotten to take a break. Sounded a bit like the Grisman arrangement with the dual mandos.

Scotti Adams
Apr-22-2004, 6:57pm
..yea..sounded real close to the Rounder record by Grisman version...only that had Vassar hittin the lick on the fiddle...I love it..left me wanting more...

Moose
Apr-23-2004, 9:27am
re: "audience reaction" - all I heard was "bubble-gum teenagers" screaming after MOST performances. All I saw in the audience - with the exception of Little Jimmy Dickens - were tee shirts, hol-ey jeans, scruffy beards and Hollywood Star type people. No offense or flames please.., just IMHO. Alison and "friends" were absolutely GREAT!!. I clicked off the second part... I started getting upset.., said bad words.., dog barked.., wife asked "...what's wrong, it's ONLY a TV show." 'nuff said!??. Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Coy Wylie
Apr-23-2004, 11:51am
Well said Moose. I echo your sentiments entirely.