PDA

View Full Version : SAM BUSH / TONY RICE / STUART DUNCAN ALERT!

JDARTGOD
Apr-21-2004, 9:12am
Thought I'd pass it along.

"Alison Krauss + Union Station with very special guests Tony Rice, Sam Bush, and Stuart Duncan are confirmed to perform on country music's only fan-voted award show - the CMT 2004 Flame Worthy Music Awards. This year's show, hosted by Dolly Parton, will air live on Wednesday, April 21 from 8:00 - 10:00 PM EST "

Moose
Apr-21-2004, 9:58am
Thanks for the "heads-up" - should be a goodn'.. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

JDARTGOD
Apr-22-2004, 7:04am
A good one it was. The "old Bone" sounded very powerful up there. Tony's been doing some guest spots with LRB. I gotta catch one of those shows. It'd be great to see more of that and some guest spotting with Alison. Talk about a straight up, KICK A$$ band. Tony on Guitar (Of Course), with Danny Boy on Mando.....a near perfect Bluegrass group!!

JDARTGOD
Apr-22-2004, 7:04am
A good one it was. The "old Bone" sounded very powerful up there. Tony's been doing some guest spots with LRB. I gotta catch one of those shows. It'd be great to see more of that and some guest spotting with Alison. Talk about a straight up, KICK A$$ band. Tony on Guitar (Of Course), with Danny Boy on Mando.....a near perfect Bluegrass group!!

Apr-22-2004, 7:07am
I just checked the schedule (http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/series_sched.jhtml?seriesID=13153) and, as expected, they are showing this several more times. #Can someone keep me from wasting two hours of my life by telling me roughly where in the show Alison performs?

JDARTGOD
Apr-22-2004, 7:10am

Ken Berner
Apr-22-2004, 9:43am
Hey Tim, Thank God AKUS, Sam, Tony and Stuart (all in one group) played early in the show. I kept waiting for them to perform again, but it never happened. I wonder what that bunch got paid for just one song; must have cost a fortune!

JDARTGOD
Apr-22-2004, 12:17pm
Not sure why my previous post showed up 3 times.......WEIRD!!

Here's an excerpt from the CMT Article covering the Awards show.

"The high tech nature of the Flame Worthy show was balanced when Alison Krauss invited several guests to join her band, Union Station, on the fiddle tune, "Sawing on the Strings." Joining Union Station and Dobro king Jerry Douglas were three modern day bluegrass legends -- Tony Rice on guitar, Sam Bush on mandolin and Stuart Duncan on fiddle."

Nice to see a little recognition.

Atlanta Mando Mike
Apr-22-2004, 3:03pm
Bet they made no money-did it for the exposure. I could be wrong.

Ken Berner
Apr-22-2004, 8:31pm
Michael, you may be right; my wife said the same thing. If that is true, it explains why AKUS chose to appear on the Ellen Degenerate Show a while back; I've never understood that reasoning.

Moose
Apr-23-2004, 9:18am
I caught that show - well, part of it - AK & "friends" were awesome!! - Twin fiddles!! - gave me "goosebumps" - shades of Bluegrass Boys' work (i.e. Hicks, Cline, Baker, et al...!!) - I tried to watch the "remaining" part(s) of THAT show. only other parts of interest were the CW "legend' Jimmy Dickens and the "banter" of Dolly.., whom I happen to think is a great talent/entertainer. I clicked the last part off - One of the major reasons I don't play/buy nor listen to so-called "today's Country Music"...!!## - Those mentioned above made the "tune-in" worthwhile. Catch it and offer YOUR "reviews" - Just my .02 - Regards, Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif