PDA

View Full Version : Stupid iTunes!

mikeo2
Sep-13-2006, 12:08pm
I just purchased the new Thile CD on iTunes, but during the first download, the software locked up. When I rebooted, my account is still changed, but no music! AND, no option to download it again without paying for it!

BOOOO!!

Daniel Nestlerode
Sep-13-2006, 12:25pm
Email iTunes support. I'll bet they have a resolution for you.

Daniel

DryBones
Sep-13-2006, 12:26pm
I agree, contact support. I have been credited before for a similar issue.

j-hill
Sep-13-2006, 1:54pm
Just in case this will work, go to iTunes and click on 'Advanced', then on 'Check for Purchases'. #

This resolved a similar issue for me once before.

Jason

Jack Roberts
Sep-13-2006, 1:58pm
I had the same problem downloading once, and j-hill's fix worked for me.

mikeo2
Sep-13-2006, 5:12pm
J-hill, you are the man! I do as you said, and my downloads have started up again.

Thanks a million! I've been fustrated all afternoon over this! lol.

I hope this CD is worth $10 http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

steve V. johnson
Sep-13-2006, 5:27pm
Here's another, albeit less commercial one:

I worked all afternoon editing mp3 rehearsal recordings to distribute to band members. Finally, with all the stuff edited and in a folder as individual tunes and discussions, I had closed the editor and wanted to listen to one of the tunes, so I started iTunes and told it to import the edited files to my library. It did, but it gave them ALL the same name, not only in the iTunes library directory, but on the hard drive, too. ACK!!

So I had to go back and open the editor and rename all the various files. I didn't have to re-save them, thank heavens. It only took another half-hour. Grrrr. From now on I will hide a copied folder somewhere were iTunes can't find it before I try that again.

I hope that you get your Thile/iTunes snafu sorted out happily!

stv

gwalt
Sep-13-2006, 8:39pm
Has anybody had trouble just registering with I-tunes? I've had to do it twice and and still can not log-in. Contacted support and all they did was send me me a generic message with four different "most asked questions". not one about log-in problems.

JEStanek
Sep-14-2006, 8:43am
I like how I-tunes made Tone Poets Unclassifiable as a genre... That was cool.

Jamie

thiggins
Sep-14-2006, 9:06am
Casey Driessen's "3D" is also "Unclassifiable" - and it's awesome.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif

Tim

mikeo2
Sep-14-2006, 12:57pm
Well, I finally got the cd, but I believe this is the end of my iTunes dealings. I didn't realize the music you purchased from them was encoded in a m4p format and that you couldn't convert it to mp3 (well, I did, but it was a pain).

Plus a couple of the files downloaded twice and when I tried to make a cd of them, it was corrupted and wouldn't play.

Overall, it was a very bad experience. Thanks to re-recording everything in soundforge, I do have a good copy of the Thile CD (finally!) though. Great cd! I like hearing Chris do some more "bluegrassy" stuff.

steve V. johnson
Sep-14-2006, 1:21pm
I don't know about the mp4/mp3 thing. My iTunes sw in OSX on a Mac plays all manner of downloaded stuff happily and converts the downloaded files to .WAVs and makes regular ol' CDs from them most handsomely...

stv