PDA

View Full Version : Eastman F-5 Fiberglass case

Skittle
Apr-20-2004, 5:21pm
The folks at Eastman strings should have available in about 2 months some really cool light weight shaped fiberglass cases. They won't be as durable as a Calton or Pegases, but just a good hard case that will be available in 7 colors. Black, Blue, Red, White, Green, Grey, and Yellow. Take a look at the mandolins, they are slowly but surely putting them out................don't know how they sound yet.

Skittle
Apr-20-2004, 5:23pm
Here is a outside pic of the case

Scotti Adams
Apr-20-2004, 7:53pm
..I kinda like it..but it doesnt have alot in the way of storage..if any.

Skittle
Apr-20-2004, 8:35pm
Yeah but neither to Caltons, or Pegases. I guess that is where a case cover comes into play with pockets.

Mandobar
Apr-20-2004, 9:27pm
just an observation: the more storage space you have in a case (or a cover) the more junk you cram into it. (i noticed this over the weekend). it makes the case heavy and prone to falling over. with a mandolin in it it's a bit risky.

cbogle
Apr-21-2004, 12:35am
I had the opportunity to take an up-close look at these new Eastman cases at the NAMM show in Anaheim last January. They are VERY lightweight and look cool, but indeed there was NO storage area inside, and the ones I saw had un-upholstered stiff foam as padding (and not necessarily in the right places). It would appear from the photos above that the interior has been improved a bit, but (after getting past the appearance) they still seemed just a little flimsy to me. At an even lower price level, I feel that the Travel-lite offers far more protection.

Regarding the Eastman mandos: they're quite good, but their archtop guitars are even better!