PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel twin distressed models

kyken
Sep-06-2006, 7:30pm
Here are two twins that I've just completed, they are of the same woods from the same trees and the sound is almost identical. Though you might like to see them. thanks

kyken
Sep-06-2006, 7:32pm
one is slightly lighter colored than the other. I don't know which one I like the best. Here's the backs.......

Mark Walker
Sep-07-2006, 8:51am
Those look sweet Ken! Are they sold, or are you bringing them to IBMA?

kyken
Sep-07-2006, 9:00am
No, I won't be bringing them to IBMA, they are sold.

ryru14
Sep-07-2006, 10:30am
Simply Beautiful. I like the lighter one, but would love either.

Mark Walker
Sep-19-2006, 4:44pm
Ken - be sure to encourage the soon-to-be owners to check us all out on Mandolin Cafe'! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

bgmando
Sep-20-2006, 1:40pm
Ken -- are they your standard sized necks? The one on the left appears to be a slightly thicker neck to my eye?

kyken
Sep-22-2006, 6:34am
They are both the same, 1& 3/16ths at the nut. I think the different angles make them appear that way.

Chadah77
Sep-22-2006, 9:27am
I played a distessed Silver Angel at Smoky Mountain Guitars earlier this year. It was an absolute HOSS! It had a chop that would rattle the walls. Full of that dry woody tone that I like. I'm sure that these are just as good or better. SMG website says that the one they have was the first distressed model. I know that I liked it!

Chad

kyken
Sep-22-2006, 3:29pm
It wasn't the first distressed. I've been making them since 1974. I've always had a great interest in the antiquities and made things look old even then. Most of the old violinmakers did the same in their day as well.