PDA

View Full Version : Troiano mandos

Trip
Aug-18-2006, 11:02pm
Has anyone purchased a mando from Charles Troiano?.......the pics Ive been sent look very nice, but I will have to drive about 7-8 hours roundtrip, I think, to test one out.........I was hoping that some of the regulars around here have tried or bought one so I could get a review of the fit and finish, and playability and tone.....thanks

Tiderider
Aug-19-2006, 6:13pm
I have not played or seen one first hand, but a couple of years ago I did see a short documentary on the television about the maker and his mandolins. It appeared Charlie is very dedicated in building a quality instrument. He and a friend played a short burst of Fly Away and his mandolin sounded fine to these ears. ymmv.

Trip
Aug-25-2006, 9:51am
I would love to see that documentary....

Anyone else have any input.......Thanks, Trip

CHUCK TROIANO
Sep-03-2006, 9:21pm
THE GENTLEMAN IS RIGHT ABOUT THE DOCUMENTARY. #THERE WERE TWO DOCUMENTARIES. #BOTH WERE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC. #ONE WAS AN OPEN JAM, THE OTHER WAS IN MY SHOP BACK WHEN I FIRST BEGAN TO MAKE MANDOLINS. #I KNOW ABOUT THESE, BECAUSE I AM MR. TROIANO. #IF I CAN BE OF ANY FURTHER SERVICE TO YOU, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT 931-788-6999. #THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY MANDOLINS. # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif