PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Repair

BigJoe
Jan-29-2004, 12:27am
I'm really not trying to post an ad, but I did want to let you know Dave Harvey is now our master luthier for repair. He can do it all and we do any kind of repair for any instrument. We are happy to have Dave with us. He is a great musician, a very good friend, and a great repair person. He will be overseeing the repairs on our bluegrass instruments. Thanks for letting me give this report.

mandoman4807
Feb-27-2004, 11:46pm
From past experience, Dave is the only one I will let touch my Master Model. This is definitely a smart move for Gibson.

He is the best!!

Darrell

Kevin K
Feb-28-2004, 11:35pm
Dave knows mandolins and will tell you like it is. Gibson will benefit from his knowledge, experience, and wisdom as will the rest of us.

John Ritchhart
Feb-29-2004, 3:35am
OK, Big Joe so what does the department look like now? Charlie is promoted to Dali Lama, Danny is head Guru, etc. Are you in the new instruments area and Dave is in the Repair department? What's Jeff Lyon up to now?

Big Joe
Mar-01-2004, 2:39pm
Jeff Lyons has not worked in our division for quite some time. Danny is plant manager, Charlie is General Manager, I am senior retail manager and repair is a portion of my responsibility as well as whatever else needs doing. Our actual job description has nothing to do with our titles. Our real job is doing what needs doing and we do a great job of working together to accomplish that. So, our dali Lama uses us anyplace needed for the good or the whole division. Since we are a small division, it really takes all of us doing all we can to keep things as good as they are. We truly have a great team. Dave has been a great friend and co worker for many years. I'm truly happy to have him in our repair department as head luthier. Next to Charlie Derrington, he is the best repair person I know.

John Ritchhart
Mar-01-2004, 2:55pm
Sounds like a great place to work. I'd work there just for the smell of the place.

BenE
Mar-01-2004, 3:47pm
Sounds like a great place to work. I'd work there just for the smell of the place.

I'm not sure what that says about Charlie and BigJoe http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Big Joe
Mar-01-2004, 3:55pm
Which reminds me, why do they call perfume 'Eue de toilet'? I cannot think of anyone who would want to smell like a toilet. But, then, I have not met everyone! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

John Ritchhart
Mar-03-2004, 4:39pm
I'm thinking more of wood shavings, hide glue, and the smell of burning fretboards when Benson or Bush drop by.

Scotti Adams
Mar-03-2004, 5:47pm
..yea Lil David is top shelf.....a good asset to the Gibson Co.