PDA

View Full Version : Great Concert!

Apr-17-2004, 12:47am
My computer blew up today.....crapped out. On my way back from Wal Mart with a new one (found on the clearance isle no less). Our local radio station announced "3rd caller gets 2 free tickets to the Tyler Bluegrass extravaganza tonight". Bluegrass ETC, Byron Berline Band & Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder"........I was #3, great show!

John Moore is unreal....I see where Thile got his great start!

The Berline band was great....

Kentucky Thunder......I was speachless.....utterly speachless!

Professor PT
Apr-17-2004, 12:51am
Hey Dale, aren't you the one always complaining about the big music stores and how they run the little guy out of business? Why are you shopping at WALMART?!!! Wouldn't you rather shop at a smaller computer store where you'll get better advice and support? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Scotti Adams
Apr-17-2004, 7:25am
uh oh...here we go...

Apr-17-2004, 8:09am
"Wouldn't you rather shop at a smaller computer store where you'll get better advice and support?"

Professor, yes I would but I live in a small town (1 Wal Mart & 1 computer store). My small dealers CPU only was $699....This entire system was a demo & on the clearance rack for $400, regular $799. And yes, I really wanted a Dell but needed a system NOW.

I'm nearly positive Ricky was playing his Loar last night BTW.

Scotti Adams
Apr-17-2004, 8:38am
..good goin Dale my man....nothin wrong with Wally World...sometimes one can find great bargains there...as you did..

Brian Ray
Apr-17-2004, 8:50am
Dale, I'm a little upset that you don't use a Mac, which is built here in the States (manufactured elsewhere though)... The closest thing to American made computers. Certainly you were the first American to touch that Walmart PC.

he he...

Apr-17-2004, 9:04am
Let me explain that I am a computer DUMMY..........really. I look at them like a Timex watch. When it starts acting up you hit it with a hammer & go get a new one. I really don't have the luxury of getting to shop much when the computer is down, I need one now.

Anyone that gets a chance to hear John Moore play sure needs to do so,he is a great picker.

Bill Snyder
Apr-17-2004, 10:33am
Sure are a lot of Texans think their job is building computers. Last time I checked Texas was still part of the good ol' USA.
AMD and Intel both build processors here and Dell (an Austin company) has been known to build a few computers.

jim simpson
Apr-17-2004, 8:43pm
Dale,
I am really upset that you enjoyed hearing John Moore play. After all he plays that old Kentucky KM1500. We all know they ain't made in Kentucky. HA HA
I was lucky enough to hear John some years back with California. It was electrifying!!

Professor PT
Apr-18-2004, 1:47am
Now Dale, you should have gone for the "A" style computer; it's a better deal than the "F" style...Oh, wait a minute, that's for mandolins. Maybe they'll come out with a computer with a scroll that costs over twice as much. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif ( This is the second time I've used these emoticons. The first was in this post as well. I'm scared now. )