PDA

View Full Version : IIIrd Tyme Out new mandolinist

LSimons
Apr-15-2004, 3:41pm
Saw this 3TO last Saturday and before the show I was sure I was going to miss Wayne Benson's mando playing as he is at the top of my list for great players, but I gotta say that Alan Perdue (sp?)did a GREAT job. Though this was only his 2nd or 3rd show with them he, he sounded like he's been with them for years. He has a new fan (probably many)! I think he was playing a new Gibson Doyle Lawson model (it had the bound F holes, was very new looking, and sounded great).

Joe Mangio
Apr-15-2004, 3:55pm
LSimons, I enjoyed Third Time Out at that same show. It was great to see Alan back on the road. I started watching him back a few years ago when he was with Mountain Heart, and the next thing you know; Alan is out and Adam is back.

PCypert
Apr-15-2004, 4:08pm
Did mountain heart break up? Sorry if I sound ignorant, don't follow the band real close. Heard some samples awhile back and liked what I heard. Man these bluegrass boys bounce around a lot.
Paul

Kevin K
Apr-15-2004, 4:31pm
Mountain Heart is still going strong and a few months back added Clay Jones playing lead acoustic. With Clay on guitar, Adam on mandolin, Jim on fiddle, Steve singing, Barry on banjo, and Jason on bass, they are a strong group.
Adam helped create Mountain Heart in '99 after leavig AKUS and went to help The Isaacs out for awhile until Sonya came back as the mandolin player.

Moose
Apr-15-2004, 4:47pm
At the risk of sounding biased..., Adam helped CREATE the AK sound(IMHO) - I suggest there are a few others who might be of the same opinion...!? - EL MOOSO. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

Scotti Adams
Apr-15-2004, 5:39pm
..yep..Alan is a real hosscat...I enjoyed his work with Ramblers Choice..

Joe Singleton
Apr-15-2004, 7:50pm
I also enjoyed the show Sat night, both on and off the stage. I would be grateful to hear any opinions of the opening act if either of you were there for it. We had a great time and IIIrd tyme out was super.-Joe

LSimons
Apr-15-2004, 8:34pm
The opening act was "Adam Dewey and Crazy Creek". They put on a first class show and very much deserved the encore they got. Great job on "old pal" - I also liked their Bus.

ronlane3
Apr-15-2004, 9:33pm
Hey a moose sighting. cool.

Mark in Nevada City
Apr-16-2004, 1:38am
Nice to hear about Alan. What's Wayne up to now? He has certainly been a big part of III tyme's sound!

Apr-16-2004, 5:31am
Wayne Benson is now with the John Cowan band.