PDA

View Full Version : Tascam US122

Rich
Apr-15-2004, 10:05am
Ok, so I got it hooked up and have sound and recorded. I even overdubbed something, but I'm having a few troubles.
1. I use sound forge 6.0 for editing wavs. If I try and double click the wav file, it sends it to sound forge, but sound forge can't open it. Any ideas?

2. The eq and effects are useless in Cubass becuase you can't hear them until after you record and listen back to the track. What inexpensisve software do I buy to use instead of the Cubass that will work with the US122 and alow me a little better option for this?

3. Is there are better message board for US122 questions?

The recording quality is top notch.
thanks,
Rich

PCypert
Apr-15-2004, 10:50am
Exactly,
Hate to sound mean, but that's why I push people to save and get the Mbox if they're going this route. Check out http://homerecording.com/bbs for their "limited" tascam foru. They should be able to get you up on your feet. With all the pro tools books, forums, etc. the Mbox makes up for the difference in price. Sorry you have to find out the hard way. The tascam forums have been down while they relaunch their website. Look around and it might be back up again or will be soon.
Paul

Rich
Apr-15-2004, 11:51am
I have 30 days to check this machine out. I can still return it. Probably a good idea...

mandobsessed
Apr-15-2004, 9:25pm
I got a US 122 last summer and have been doing interesting work with it.

I use Cubase 5 and love it. I have never found toe need to listen to effects while recording. It will play effects on other tracks though.

I haen't used Sound FOrge 6, only 4. It cannot process 24 bit files. Make sure you set it for 16 bit in the US 122 setup screen.

In fact the only thing I don't like about it is the maximum of two inputs.

Talon
Apr-18-2004, 10:34pm
Rich:
Tascam sites are no more. Many refugees from the tascam boards go to this site....

http://www.cmoore.com/forum/

The 788 forum is full of Tascam users, that could help.