PDA

View Full Version : Red Bud Fester

AlanN
Apr-15-2004, 7:15am
This weekend, good local talent, plus James King, Wildfire, this last band made up of J.D. alumni - Uncle Phil, Webb, Curt Chapman, Robert Hale + Barry Crabtree. I have an old show on CD of Sparks, when Barry was in the band, along with Randy Jones on mando, one tough picker. I'm gonna blow Barry's mind when I give that to him. That show was in NJ in '87 and Larry had a funny line:

"This next tune is Blue Virginia Blues. Now, Bill Harrell just recorded this tune. If you listen to his version, and then mine, mine is a bit longer - you get more for your money." http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

AlanN
Apr-16-2004, 6:39am
The festival has started, hit last night for a little while, got invited to perform on stage with a h/w duo tonight, the lady happens to be Matt Mundy's grandma - I better be on my toes!

Jonathan James
Apr-16-2004, 9:29am
Good luck with that Alan! I'm sure you'll be great.

The Grassroots Festival over in Silk Hope is going on this weekend as well. Saw Barefoot Manner last night and that mando player smokes! Not BG, but amazing speed and agility.

jj

AlanN
Apr-16-2004, 10:28am
Thanks, jj - forgot about that roots music fest, Del and Boys there?

Jonathan James
Apr-16-2004, 5:19pm
Not this year. Rangers, Barefoot Manner, Patty Loveless, Snake Oil Medicine Show, Donna the Buffalo, Tony Williamson, Charles Pettee, among others. I'm working the stage crew, so I'm hanging out most of the weekend.