PDA

View Full Version : Vessel A models

testore
Jul-10-2006, 12:46am
Well I'm done with the second A model. The first was the blonde and tortoise that I posted a couple of weeks ago. This one is kind of a bright sunburst. It sounds a lot like the blonde, the E string and D strings are almost identical.The G and A are very nice too but different than the blonde. It's 2 days old so it's a little early. I don't have the blonde anymore to compare but they're both very nice. this one will be available at Tall Toad Music in Petaluma in acouple of days.

testore
Jul-10-2006, 12:48am
The back

Austin Clark
Jul-10-2006, 9:48am
very nice, Gary! I really like the softness of the color.
It is very complimentary of the style.

Daniel Nestlerode
Jul-10-2006, 5:09pm
Gary,
Is the top made from the same Engelmann log as the distressed F model you made this spring?
Did you make the bridge or is that prefab by someone else? (Those thumb wheels look bigger than usual.)

Nicely done! I'd love to hear it (without going to Petaluma) http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Daniel

testore
Jul-10-2006, 8:06pm
Daniel,
Yes those wheels are bigger.Prefab something else. I just had it around so I used it.I just dropped it off this afternoon,sorry. My week gets busy lateron and I wanted to get it to Tall Toad when I had time. I played it a lot this morning and the strings finally settled in and it's doing real nice. Don't worry you'll see more.
Gary
Oh, and the top is the same as the Monroe copy...Utah engleman

testore
Jul-11-2006, 10:05am
Couple more pics

testore
Jul-11-2006, 10:07am
last one

Gibson A5
Jul-11-2006, 11:11am
It looks really great. You did a fantastic job.
Bill P.

JGWoods
Jul-11-2006, 11:50am
MMMMMMmmmmmm paddle head- I like it!

testore
Jul-11-2006, 2:24pm
Thanks guys. I was surprised at some of negative responses I've had to the paddlehead.I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who likes it.I'm doinga snake for myself but really like the extra detail of the paddle.
Gary

John M. Riley
Jul-11-2006, 3:19pm
Nice mandolin...the color reminds me of a tucker a model i once saw.

when do you plan on making another monroe copy...i thought that one was really awesome

testore
Jul-12-2006, 12:23am
Traditional,
Thanks for the kind words. I was thinking about my next Monroe copy just this afternoon.Not sure when I'll have time for another but want one?? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

JGWoods
Jul-12-2006, 10:11am
Thanks guys. I was surprised at some of negative responses I've had to the paddlehead.I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who likes it.I'm doinga snake for myself but really like the extra detail of the paddle.
Gary
I am guessing- the A2Zs and Gibson snakeheads in general are thought to have a better sound than paddle heads that preceded them. Maybe so, but I always thought the paddle looked better- and besides, it's a great place to put your name in big letters, or small ones if it's Cjakowskawicz or the like. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

John M. Riley
Jul-13-2006, 11:59am
testore
actually, i would like one

straight-a
Jul-14-2006, 10:08am
VERY nice!

testore
Jul-14-2006, 10:47am
Thanks guys. The color in the pics is a little more electric than in person, it leans a little more toward a brown/red in the edges but you get the idea. More to come.
Gary