PDA

View Full Version : Mandolin methods

Arto
Apr-14-2004, 1:13pm
Something for a real traditionalist?

Denis (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2201&item=3717848208&rd=1)

Eugene
Apr-14-2004, 1:59pm
I have xeroxes of this...but WOW!

Jim Garber
Apr-14-2004, 2:23pm
Eugene:
Do you have xeroxes of this 2nd part? I bought from Carlo another book by Denis (photocopy) entitled: "Methode Pour apprendre à jouer de la Mandoline Sans Maitre Avec Six Caprices Dediée à Monsieur Le Marquis D'Hérouville..."

I just wonder if this eBay one is truly an original. Is is possible that this was reprinted over the years?

Jim

etbarbaric
Apr-14-2004, 5:09pm
Hi Jim,

The Xerox you describe sounds like Denis' first method. The second and third parts are collected together with the first method and re-published in a modern facsimile edition by Minkoff. This facsimile also contains the Leone and Fouchetti methods as well... Its expensive (~$100) but certainly a must-have for those who want to study the Neapolitan mandolin in late 18th-century France! Of course, it helps if you read french...

Eric

Eugene
Apr-15-2004, 12:32pm
The Xerox you describe sounds like Denis' first method. #The second and third parts are collected together with the first method and re-published in a modern facsimile edition by Minkoff. #This facsimile also contains the Leone and Fouchetti methods as well... Its expensive (~$100) but certainly a must-have for those who want to study the Neapolitan mandolin in late 18th-century France! #Of course, it helps if you read french...
Exactly, and there are some bootlegs of just the Denis circulating as well.

Jim Garber
Apr-15-2004, 12:52pm
I heard from the seller and she says that it is an original. I don't know how she knows, but it has reached reserve of $100 already.

Jim