PDA

View Full Version : Making Fishman M-200M work without pocketblender

littvay
Jul-02-2006, 5:34pm
Hi everyone.

My friend just installed his new Fishman M-200M I brought him from the US. He was sad when he informed me that the mic does not seem to work. After some research I figured out it needs the phantom power from the Fishman pocket blender. Someone on the forum claimed that it would also work with L.R.Baggs Mixpro or Presonus AcoustiQ as both of those are able to supply phantom power.

We have no access or funds to get any of these preamps at this time. My friend was hoping to use the pickup with a Y cable running it into the mixer passively for now. (He might have a preamp for the piezo)

I am a little puzzled as to how any of the recommended preamps supply phantom via the stereo jack that only has three connectors, until today I thought one of those is ground, one is mix and the last one is piezo.

The pocket blender manula is not helping either. In the middle where it talks about the phantom power button it says that pahntom is sent on the ring of the jack. In the appendix it says the crown mic needs phantom on the tip. Weird.

Any advice? Can we hack this? Tie a battery to it and go the y cable route for now? I think his mixer can also supply phantom but I thought that is only possible through XLR, (not sure about the voltage either.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am gonna contact my friend and get the specifics on his current wiring (the pikckup was second hand, carpenter jack was converted into an endpin jack, etc), but for now lets assume it is the stock default.

Thanks

L