PDA

View Full Version : Festival Recommendations

Apr-14-2004, 8:20am
The performers at a given festival is usually easy to find. #Are there any BG festivals that have a reputation for having lots of vendors on hand. #I personally would be interested in ones in the mid-Atlantic area but I suspect this would be helpful to lots of people everywhere who don't have regular access to a variety of instruments to try.

cutbait2
Apr-14-2004, 8:32am
merlefest, though i've never been, it would be worth the trip for the vendors, and for the spectacle, otherwise all the acts there play in much more appealing (smaller) venues (imho).

THP
Apr-14-2004, 8:44pm
IBMA, SPGBMA, Merlefest, Wintergrass..all good with #vendors. Good places to play and compare instruments.
Anthony
www.hickoryproject.com

SmallFry
Apr-15-2004, 5:59pm
Telluride...I', not really sure having never been but i got the Bush cd of him on a bunch of different recordings from different years. It's soooo awesome. So many awesome musicians are there so i bet vednors are too.

Get the cd its called Ice Caps: Peaks of Telluride by Sam Bush http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

sunburst
Apr-15-2004, 9:06pm
Galax

Talon
Apr-20-2004, 10:23am
Been to ones in Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. For vendors, the one in Kansas had the widest selection for instruments.
It was called the Walnut Valley Festival, it is in September, in Winfield Kansas. It's just above Ponca City Oklahoma.