PDA

View Full Version : IBMA

BluegrassGirl26
Jun-22-2006, 12:42pm
My family's thinkingabout goin to the IBMA week in Nashville this year and hopefully we'll get tickets to the IBMA awards. I've never been to anything like that. What kind of dress is it? Do people wear jeans and blouses or fancy gowns and tuxedos?

JimRichter
Jun-22-2006, 12:52pm
After attending one awards show, I don't think I'll go to another (though I did enjoy being at the Ryman). #For myself, I wore my bibs, white shirt, and neck tie. #Most people dressed up to some degree, though I saw a lot of jeans/nice shirt combos.

Jim

Willie Poole
Jun-22-2006, 6:38pm
I wouldn`t worry about a dress code....I`ve seen people with jeans with the knees ripped out and a suit coat on with a tie and I`ve seen people with shorts and polo type shirts and T shirts, of course this was not in Nashville, it was in Evansville where they used to hold the IBMA awards....They want your money and don`t care how you look....I still say bluegrass is going the way country music has gone...and I do mean gone....Willie

Big Joe
Jun-22-2006, 10:44pm
This is Nashville and dress apparal in Nashville can include Jeans, a sport shirt and a sport coat. That may not be appropriate in many areas, but this is Nashville. Most will dress up as best as they can with what they have with them. It is a special event and most take it pretty serious. Whatever you wear, you will likely have a great time. There is lots to do in Nashville all the time, but especially during IBMA.