PDA

View Full Version : Please Search Your Heart..Lyrics?

Bobby Brite
Apr-13-2004, 2:08pm
I've been trying to find the lyrics to this song. I have looked for CD's and on many online song banks. If anyone could help it woul be greatly appreciated. Bobby

Moose
Apr-13-2004, 2:28pm
Can you give us a little more info(i.e. more lyrics maybe, recording artist(s).., BG, CW, "old'traditional.., a new one..??). I'm sure someone can help you out here. I'm busted on that one!## - besides that's a pretty well-used "theme' for a song. -Good luck. Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

GBG
Apr-13-2004, 2:57pm
BG- on one of the Tony Rice Bluegrass Album Band CD's. I believe JD Crowe's band also did it a few years ago.

Bobbie Dier
Apr-13-2004, 4:26pm
I have it somewhere. I'll keep looking then post them for you.
ima

Bobby Brite
Apr-13-2004, 5:03pm
Thanks for ya'lls help.

Moose, I think JD Crow might have done it but I'm stilll having trouble finding it. Thanks, Bobby

Scotti Adams
Apr-13-2004, 5:08pm
Please Search Your Heart

Please search your heart and maybe you'll find
A reason to stay I'm begging this time
I know I was wrong but darlin' I've paid
Please search your heart before it's too late.

When you left me I said that I'd never be blue
That I wouldn't cry if you found someone new
But this is my plea, give me one more try
Please search your heart, don't tell me goodbye.

Please search your heart, don't tell me goodbye
Please search your heart, don't tell me goodbye

Bobbie Dier
Apr-13-2004, 5:51pm
Yeah Scotti!
I had it on an old tape of JD Crow(I think) and I was looking for it to get the words for him. It could be in any of the twenty shoeboxes, baskets, bags, of old tapes that I have and keep for reference. I looked for a while. I'm glad you found them or know the words so I can quit looking. I might have been there all night!

ima

PS I think Keith Whitley sang on that tape.

Scotti Adams
Apr-13-2004, 6:51pm
..Bluegrasslyrics.com... yeah baby!!!....actually I knew the words..I just had to go there a take a peak to make sure..I would love to hear that version of Whitley doing it...he could sing "Three Blind Mice" and make a cat cry...

Bobby Brite
Apr-14-2004, 8:52am
Thanks for the words Scotti. I didn't even know that website existed. You da man.

Thanks for lookin Imapickin!

Whitley did a version of this song. I have to hear that.

My version will probably make cats DIE. LOL

Thanks again, Bobby

Moose
Apr-14-2004, 10:04am
One of several reasons I enjoy this message board - I like to think I'm "knowledgeable"... but., some of the input and info given on this Board..., well.. - It's great.. Carry on. Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Apr-14-2004, 10:17am
IIIrd Tyme Out recorded it on their live "Back to the Mac" CD...

ManjoMan
Apr-19-2004, 10:56am
I don't recall Keith ever recording this song
with J.D. - I know that it was written by Doyle
Lawson and Pete Gobel and recorded when Doyle
was with J.D. (and the Kentucky Mt. Boys). It
was later recorded by the "Bluegrass Album Band"
It's a great song. Makes you want to cry.

JDARTGOD
Apr-19-2004, 11:01am
Yeah, JD released back in 72 or 73 on an album that was "re-released" in 78 I believe, called "Blackjack". It has Doyle Lawson and Larry Rice on it.

Scotti Adams
Apr-19-2004, 12:26pm
..boys..it could have been a live effort he was referring to of Keith singing it...I know He never actually cut it on a honest to God Lp or Cd....but a live recording would be so nice to hear... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Bobbie Dier
Apr-19-2004, 1:20pm
I have had a bunch of bluegrass album band and JD Crow tapes,albums, CDs in my time. I know I had at least one with Keith Whitley on it(with JD) .I have seen all of these guys play live at one time or another. I'm not sure if I have a tape with Keith singing it. I did say in the post before that "I think" I have it with Keith singing it. For some reason, the version I can remember had him singing it. I am sorry if I screwed up again. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif Was there a live in Japan CD?? Who was on that one? That was about twenty five(looks better spelled out)years ago. That has been a long time. I sure miss his singing.

Moose
Apr-19-2004, 1:35pm
Keith Whitley: Ricky Scaggs was somewhere quoted as saying "....alcohol has killed my best friend." I think the coroner's report stated that Keith's BAL level was 25++ - (i.e. "acute alcohol poisoning") - most(!?) folks would be totally "unconscious"/"passed-out" at 15/18 BAL. Sad.... A great talent.. Just my .02. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Scotti Adams
Apr-19-2004, 5:43pm
..Ive got some great stories about Kieth....he was a good friend of mine...some good, some bad..all memorable. Keith was the type of drinker that when he wasnt drinkin you would have swore he had been....I never seen him to where he looked or acted drunk...he handled it well...all except for that last time of course...plus there were other things found in his system that sure didnt help his chance of survival....theres not a day that doesnt go by that he doesnt cross my mind...a better singer there was none..a better entertainer there was none.....nuff said...

Bobbie Dier
Apr-19-2004, 8:03pm
I have seen him play around my neck of the woods a lot of times with JD Crow. I remember especially Down Home Pickin Parlor in Johnson City,Tenn.(it's still there). The sound system was designed for that room . It is an intimate listening room with a small audience and it was like you were in your living room with these guys playing to you. When Keith came out there and sang, it would raise the hair on the back of your neck. I was just a young 'un then but I'll never forget how good those guys were and how much of an influence they were to me(not the drinking but the music). He's up in heaven singing right now . I can hear another song he used to sing . My home's not in the hall of fame. You can go there but you won't find my name.....you know the rest. He should have stayed with JD Crow. Nashville must have been too much.

jim simpson
Apr-19-2004, 9:01pm
Many years ago I found a bunch of bluegrass albums at a flea market. Included in the bunch was a copy of J.D.Crowe & the New South (Rounder 1975) and to my surprise inside on the sleave was the autographs of: Keith Whitley, J. D., Bobby Sloane, Randey Hayes, & Windy Miller! That was a cool surprise. Now if I could only have been there to get the autographs!

Scotti Adams
Apr-19-2004, 9:07pm
..cool find Jim...my ex bosses sister was married to Steve Boom Boom Bryant..Crowes bass player when Whitley was with him. Whitley came to the wedding which was just down the road from me. There is a Reel to Reel tape floating around somewhere of the that night with just Keith and his guitar....gawd...Im gettin goose bumps.....Nashville wasnt too much for Keith...Lorrie Morgan was....

Bobbie Dier
Apr-20-2004, 3:54am
I've heard tales about that Lori Morgan.

Moose
Apr-20-2004, 10:06am
Yeah buddy!! - Ditto to all the above re: "Ms. Lorrie'!. - I've also heard the same type "scenerio" "re: George and....."Tammy" !?..(no harm intended.., just passin' on what I heard..?!?)- EL MOOSO. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

jim simpson
Apr-20-2004, 5:47pm
As a follow up note to my J.D. Crowe album with autographs: I see that Wendy Miller, mandolinist is the author of "Carolyn, the Teenage Queen"!
I just love to keep threads alive.

Bobbie Dier
Apr-21-2004, 7:30am
I know this has turned into the we love Keith Whitley thread. I don't think anyone will mind if we're off subject. I just had to tell that last night I went to sleep with one of the tunes Keith Whitley used to sing in my head. Man could he make you cry on this one. The tune was "Rose Colored Glasses". I have to go find that durn tape now.
ima

Moose
Apr-21-2004, 10:06am
Are ya' sure that wasn't John Conley (C/W, Opry, etc.) - I do remember John having a BIG/CHART "hit" on that one - A good song! - Chord progression just keeps goin' "round the horn"(i.e.. 1-5-4, 1-5-4). Perhaps(?) KW recorded it also..?? Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Bobbie Dier
Apr-21-2004, 3:14pm
Somewhere, sometime but I don't know when or where or who he recorded it with besides JD Crow. I swear.... I had a tape with him singing it and I thought "Please search your heart" also. I can't find it so I don't know. I'm just gonna have to keep looking.

Scotti Adams
Apr-21-2004, 3:52pm
..Keith did "Rose Colored Glasses" on the Live in Japan Lpas a member of The New South..

Moose
Apr-21-2004, 3:57pm
Thanks Scotti. Just wonderin'... did KW do it CW(Conley) style or in a more "Bluegrassy" tempo?? - Never heard anyone else cover it. A good song. Regards, Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Scotti Adams
Apr-21-2004, 4:48pm
..country style...pretty much note for note like Conleys but with Bluegrass instruments and better vocals of course.. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

mandodan22
Apr-22-2004, 7:38pm
you just took me back in time.
I seen Keith sing rose colored glasses live more than once .
He could tear your heart out with it.

ManjoMan
Apr-23-2004, 9:46am
Mr. Simpson,

I don't mean disagree with you, but I have to.
Wendy Miller didn't write "Carolyn, the Teenage
Queen." A friend of mine here in Michigan, named
Wendy Smith (Wandell is his real name) wrote that
song. Recorded by the Lonesome River Band close to
twenty years after he wrote it. BTW, I am going
to see LRB with Tony Rice tonight at the Ark.
It's going to be a great show.

AlanN
Apr-23-2004, 10:49am
That Japan live record is dang good, recorded very hot, too, as I recall. Scotti, did I ever send you that Whitley, Gaudreau show from 1972? Has Pat Cloud.

Scotti Adams
Apr-23-2004, 11:00am
..nope ya didnt...man..your a walking library of good music.... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Moose
Apr-23-2004, 11:31am
Scotti: Thanks for the info - interesting... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

JDARTGOD
Apr-23-2004, 11:34am
Not to hijack the thread but:

MANJO MAN.....I'm so envious....I think Tony with LRB has to be one INCREDIBLE concert. My favorite artist and group all in one setting. PHENOMENAL. I spent the weekend with LRB at Live Oak Florida a couple of weeks ago at their Inaugural festival there. What a super fun bunch of guys to horse around with. LRB is doing it as good as any group out there these days. Their current lineup is as good, if not better than any previous LRB lineup. That's a bold statement, I know, but they have really gelled over the last year or two. Brandon Rickman has really worked on his vocals and he now has Sammy calling HIM his favorite rhythm guitar player on the planet, a statement normally reserved for Tony. (Wonder what he's gonna say with Tony and Brandon on the stage together!!!) Brandon drew alot of inspiration from Tony Rice and Tim Austin to be where he is now on the Rhythm Guitar food chain.

Be sure to tell Jeff Parker that Jeff Dodson says: "Howdy and have one (or two) on me!!"

Also, check if Jeff Parker's Solo release is available yet. LRB's new album will be out "sometime this year".

Scotti Adams
Apr-23-2004, 11:51am
...no problem Moose...thats what we are here for..

jim simpson
Apr-23-2004, 4:31pm
Manjoman,
Thanks for the correct information, I got bad info! Great song, though!