PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Fiddler's Gathering

PhilGE
Jun-21-2006, 9:18am
Anyone going to Battle Ground (http://indianafiddlersgathering.org/FestivalInfo.html) this weekend?

-Phil

thistle3585
Jun-21-2006, 2:39pm
That is an absolute blast. I used to live in Lafayetee and spent a lot of time at Battleground. If you get the chance, you should try to get out to Wolf Park, which is a few minutes NW, for an evening howl. Its a wolf rehabilitation program. They also have a buffalo herd and they let the wolves out in the pasture to hunt the buffalo. Its a pretty neat site. There are too few wolves, and too healthy of a buffalo, for one to actually be taken down, but its a neat site.

Ken
Jun-21-2006, 9:23pm
I plan on being there. Was a real regular in my youth (30's) back in the early 80's. Came back two years ago and had a blast, missed last year because of a wedding. This year I plan to make. Wonderful festival, small, comfortable, kid friendly, and of course great music. I'll be carrying a black A model case with a Greenpeace sticker on it (and a mandolin inside).
Ken

PhilGE
Jun-22-2006, 8:26am
If I make it, I'll be carrying a tweed A-style case with a Mandolincafe.com sticker on it. Family and church commitments on Sunday are starting to take precedence, but I might get out there on Saturday.