PDA

View Full Version : My New (old) Snakehead

bradeinhorn
Jun-16-2006, 5:20pm
Just got the snake back from bob jones. he restored my peculiar scallop shell tailpiece back to it's original fervor:

bradeinhorn
Jun-16-2006, 5:21pm
a somewhat dark full bodyshot, anyone?

bradeinhorn
Jun-16-2006, 5:23pm
Quite snug and happy in its new eastman home:

bradeinhorn
Jun-16-2006, 5:24pm
goodnight

Daniel1975
Jun-16-2006, 5:25pm
I like it.

Jun-16-2006, 6:58pm
The case looks like it was made for that mandolin. Very nice.

bluegrassplayer
Jun-16-2006, 7:29pm
Why must you tempt me!?!
My MAS is already bad enough!

bradeinhorn
Jun-16-2006, 10:34pm
it really does fit it like a glove. thanks to whomever got these a-style eastman cases on my mind. it's a shame they are discontinued. for anyone trying to find one - mandolin bros. has one left in red for $111. and dennis vance has a used white one at the mandolin store for $100 shipped.

Brad

JEStanek
Jun-17-2006, 10:17am
Brad, that Gibosn looks great and happy in the new home.
A pox on those Eastman cases!I just got a yellow F style one to pop a Weber a style mando into. Sadly my short neck 814 F style won't fit in it. Your short neck A fits like a hand in glove in yours!!! I love their cases, I got mine from Gianna Violins, I just wish they made an F case for short necks.

I'm drooling over that Gibson. How does it sound now that it's been given a good once over?

Jamie

bradeinhorn
Jun-17-2006, 10:52am
hi,

i loved this mandolin the second i first tried it out. i happened to come into the store the day it came in and was able to buy it as is on a pretty good discount.

taking it to bob jones (as i figured) really focused the sound. not sure if it was just the setup or the ne tailpeice (i think this had a good deal to do with it), but it really pops out now significantly more and the bass is a bit less raw, but still quite deep and woody. i am quite pleased.

the next step on this will be a repro bridge and then maybe a pickguard. i'm in no rush for those things, but will pick them up as i see them fairly priced.

B