PDA

View Full Version : Roland AC-60 vs. Acoustasonic #Jr

2manytendons
Jun-13-2006, 1:32pm
Currently I have a Breedlove acoustic-electric mandolin w/ the Dyn-m pickup. #I will someday acquire a Mark Wood Viper solid electric violin. #I want an amp which will suit a small to medium venue and be useable with both instruments. #I have spent most of my life as a violinist, so my knowledge of anything electrical is quite slim. #

I have read the posts concerning acoustic amps and have learned a lot already. #I went to our local store with my mando and tried three amps there; not sure between the Fender and the Roland. #The fact that the Roland is portable is a great plus, though. #The salesman seemed to think that I could plug anything into it (I asked him about the Viper violin.) #The Viper is a solid body and uses a Barbera pickup which apparently would not require a preamp.

Should I search for another store that carries another amp I did not try? #(The third was the acoustasonic 30 - not enough power, had to turn it all the way up and I was sitting right next to it.)

Thanks for any extra advice.
Eve

steve in tampa
Jun-13-2006, 3:03pm
I have tried all of those out, and would recommend the Roland.

WJF
Jun-13-2006, 11:35pm
I own the Roland and have been EXTREMELY happy with it!!!

mandroid
Jun-14-2006, 10:29am
The AC-60 has many back panel connections, balanced stereo in and out
[add really big powered speaker cabs if you must]
phantom power to mic channel is 48v, not less; + many more connections

Nice bag to haul it in with cable pocket
use my 'Dola tuned electric 4 string with a humbucker in one channel ;
Schertler on the acoustic in the other .

bjc
Jun-14-2006, 12:29pm
Another vote for the Roland...been using it for mando and dobro for a year now and no problems...I run the amp out into the board...the portability is a huge plus as well.