PDA

View Full Version : Weber Bitteroot

Geoff
Apr-12-2004, 10:07pm
Ive been lookin for my next mando lately. I fell in love with the Weber Bitteroot in terms of looks alone. I love a natural finish on my instruments. I dislike any shine whatsoever and this mando is about perfect in that aspect. Its waaaay to expensive for me to think about buying anytime recently but I still want to know if anyone has played one and found it worth the cost. There is nowhere near me that I can go to test one.

Geoff
Apr-12-2004, 10:08pm
...umm the F style that is cause I think theres a Bitteroot A style as well...

mandorado
Apr-12-2004, 10:30pm
Geoff, I have one. However the finish on mine is not dull. It's a very nice natural spruce with some bear claw on it. Looks wonderful. The mahogany back is very pretty too. I like the instrument. I wasn't very happy with the volume using the standard Brekke bridge, so I ordered and had installed a Brekke Traditional bridge, which improved the volume considerably. Its a well made mandolin and would make a great mando for someone who doesn't need the full volume of a maple back instrument.
I like the mandolin, but I also own several others that get my main attention most of the time. I might consider selling it some day, since it just doesn't get played as often as it should. I would like to get an A or A5 style from a small builder to round out the group of instruments I primarily play. When you are ready to shop for one, drop me a line. Mine has a couple of player dings on it, so I wouldn't be looking to sell it for anywhere near retail.
If you want to know any other details, just ask specifics, or PM me. I would be glad to help.

AeroJoe
Apr-12-2004, 10:58pm
I own a custom Bitterroot, one that has a natural finish, but is made of flame maple (back and sides) instead of mahogany and has a radiused fretboard and is tone-bar braced. I could not be happier with a mandolin...

Coy Wylie
Apr-12-2004, 11:17pm
I have a Custom Bitterroot very similar to AeroJoe's. I have played several mahogony models as well. I am very pleased with Weber qaulity. I don't think you can go wrong with one of their products.

NickelCreeker
Apr-12-2004, 11:28pm
Indeed They Are worth It!I love em personally.. I Have a Faded leather Bitteroot, and They are quite loverly..lol.

Geoff
Apr-13-2004, 11:17am
Thanks for the ibfo guys! My next mandolin will be purchased in the very distant future most likely (two years from now at least, Id guess) but if possible Ill try to get in touch you, mandorado to see if you havent sold yours by then.