PDA

View Full Version : BOSE PAS

piiman
Apr-12-2004, 6:59pm
Has anyone tried a condenser mic with the Bose Pas?
I'm curious about feedback. Would it be suitable for a one mike band.
how would it be with the unit in front of the band.

Tom C
Apr-13-2004, 8:09am
I do not think you want it in front of the band. As it's 180 degree and will be facing away from you. I'll be warming up for a band that uses this system. I can't wait.

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Apr-13-2004, 8:23am
We have two of these units for our band. We started out using the AT4033 mic with them, and could get reasonable sound with them behind us, but when the audience got loud and kept yelling: "Turn up the vocals!", we hit the limit pretty fast. After some thought on the subject, we decided that the whole reason we were using the one mic system was that we coud hear our vocals better. In light of that fact, we went back to using the SM-58 mics (one for every voice). Now the feedback is minimal and we can really hear the vocals with the units behind us. I know that the visual effect of watching a band with the one-mic technique is pretty cool but with the Bose PAS sysytem, it's just not compatable.

piiman
Apr-13-2004, 8:10pm
thanks guys
Do you think it would work with a small diaphram condenser mic suck as a AKG1000?

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Apr-13-2004, 8:37pm
Bose has a message board much like the Mandolin Cafe on their web site: www.bose.com and they address issues you might not have even thought of there. Our experience was that any mic will work, but the fact that the speakers are placed behind you necessatated going to a dynamic mic setup for minimum feedback. That's not to say the condensor mics won't work with the system, as long as you don't need a lot of volume, or if you are willing to place the speakers out to the side of you. But that kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Bose system.