PDA

View Full Version : Weber Absaroka

timacn
May-22-2006, 7:23am
Sorry to keep bugging you guys. (I'm the fellow who asked about the Kentucky 380s upgrade, in addition to other things.)

I have a possible line on a mint Absaraoka for $900.

Same question as before: Is this a significant upgrade over my 380s, or should I keep saving my money? (Sometimes the Kentucky sounds good, sometimes it sounds kinda thin.)

Thanks.

dang
May-22-2006, 8:14am
I'm not sure about in comparison to your Kentucky 380s, but I think $900 is a pretty good price for an absaroka.
There are 2 currently listed in the classifides, one asking ~1200 , the other 1650/obo, so price wise, it sounds ok...

My father in law has an Absaroka, and I like it very much...
It is all about satisfying your MAS, so make sure you do that!

RobP
May-22-2006, 8:32am
If you have the money thats a great price-- you will always be able to get your money back on it

Rob

Ken Berner
May-22-2006, 10:27am
If the Absaroka has not been abused, that sounds like a very fair price. Those three that I have played were x-braced and warm-sounding. Like all Webers, they are quality instruments.

AW Meyer
May-22-2006, 10:57am
I'm currently playing an Absaroka, and like it a lot. If it's in decent shape, $900 is an excellent price. They are over 2k new.

Frank Russell
May-22-2006, 11:23am
Two or three years ago, I got an Absaroka for around $800 used. That was a steal then, but prices have gone up, so anything under $1000 is pretty good. I liked the one I had, but like many many others, it got traded up. Go for it. Frank

Paul847
May-22-2006, 7:37pm
I played an Absaroka at a local music store abour a year and a half ago. It was loud and had a great tone and was priced at about $1,400 then. If you can get one that you really like for under $1,000 then buy it.

j-hill
May-22-2006, 7:47pm
I'll chime in to say that an Absaroka was my first mandolin and although I have purchased (and traded) others over the years, I have always kept the Absaroka. I keep Thomastik Infeld strings on it and it's the easiest-playing instrument I've ever had.

Jason

moku9
May-26-2006, 7:03pm
I had one, got rid of it as fast as I could. Be sure to play it first or have someone that knows what their doing play it.