Scotti Adams
Jan-28-2004, 7:54am
Burlington, NC

Instructors
Banjo: Scott Vestal
Guitar: Kenny Smith
Mandolin: Alan Bibey
#

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule

Friday, April 2
7 pm - 9 pm Meet and Greet, cash bar
9 pm Open Jamming

Saturday, April 3
8 am - 9 am Registration/Check In
9 am - 12 am Workshop Sessions
12 pm - 1 pm Lunch (included with registration)
1 pm - 5 pm Workshop Sessions
7 pm - 9:30 pm All-Star Jam concert featuring our instructors and Blueridge
9:30 pm Open Jamming

About the Workshops
Each of the workshops are designed around your interests and skill level. Registrants will submit a survey with their registration that will serve as our guide in designing the course curriculum. Each instrument workshop is limited to 50 participants.

All skill levels are welcome. Each instrument group will break out into smaller groups to insure that all skill levels are covered. There will be experienced musicians on hand to provide support to the instructors in each of the instrument workshops.

Open forum - all students are encouraged to ask questions at any time. However, the sessions will be moderated to prevent anyone from taking over the session.

Jamming
There will be plenty of time for jamming on Friday night and after the concert on Saturday, so invite your pickin' buddies to come along for the weekend, even if they are not attending the workshops.

Concert
The All-Star Jam will be Saturday night at 7:00pm at the Paramount Theater in Burlington, NC. The show is open to the public. Workshop attendees are admitted free. Ticket prices are $10 advance, $12 door. Call (336) 222-TIXS for tickets. The concert will feature our instructors: Scott Vestal, Kenny Smith, Alan Bibey and Blueridge, with special appearances by some of our students!

Hotel Information
Hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee. The event will be held at the Best Western in Burlington, NC. The hotel is conveniently located just off I85/I40 at exit 141. Best Western has arranged special rates for this event. For reservations at the special rate call the hotel directly at (336) 584-0151.

Registration
Tuition for the Saturday workshop session is $149, which includes lunch and admission to the All-Star Jam on Saturday night. Hotel accommodations are not included in this fee.....go to Bluegrassrules.com for more info http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

AlanN
Jan-28-2004, 8:01am
Man-o-mandolin, this is gonna be great!

Scotti Adams
Jan-28-2004, 10:12am
..yea...I was thinkn of you Alan when I posted this..I knew you lived down around that area...you will have to give us a full report.... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

AlanN
Jan-28-2004, 10:29am
Hey thanks, Scotti. I'm actually gonna ask Alan if he needs an extra guy to handle the mundane chores, ya know, like tune up his Loar, change the strings on his Loar, chunk rhythm on his tunes, that sort of thing . http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Scotti Adams
Jan-28-2004, 10:41am
..sounds like a plan...

levin4now
Jan-28-2004, 12:55pm
Sounds like a neat event. All skill levels you say?

ADM

Bobby Brite
Feb-09-2004, 2:31pm
Does anyone know of some bluegrass mando workshops in the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area? Thanks, Bobby