PDA

View Full Version : jim kweskin

ira
Apr-10-2004, 12:54pm
for those who have interest. jim kweskin- who in my opinion is the man responsible for keeping jugband music alive in the modern era, is playing at club pasim tonight in cambridge. the show starts at 8. saw him years ago, and was quite impressed. if you want to hear some good jugband, jugband blues, and just general roots music by a real pro, go check him out.

garyblanchard
Apr-12-2004, 10:24am
Just another case of my not moving up north fast enough. Many of the songs that I perform I learned from Jim Kweskin albums. I also have a more recent live CD - Side by Side. He is without a doubt a musical treasure. If you go, please let us know how it was.

SlowHands
Jun-10-2004, 6:52am
It's been a long while since I've been on the Cafe. I couldn't have gotten to this one, but I'm so glad to know that Kweskin is still kickin' around. I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open!

Ira, did you go to hear him? If so, any comments? I was just a kid when he was in his heyday - or at least what would pass as a heyday. I have fond memories of his stuff.

Rick Schmidlin
Jun-10-2004, 10:22am
I read a story about him about a year ago in the New York Times.He has gone through a lot of strange stuff.

Rick

ira
Jun-10-2004, 10:57am
never got there. luckily i've seen him before. actually of interest is the first band that i know of with which he performed/recorded- the even dozen jug band- john sebastian, jeff and maria muldar, david grisman, and others.

Wesley
Jun-18-2004, 12:06pm
There was a jugband website. Does anyone know if it's still active ?